Waterproof Cart Bags

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
More the point where it rains and they realise that everythings getting wet, the panic to get the cover out, the condomlike struggle to get it on the bag before they realise its too wet and everythings wet already, then they spend the rest of the round moaning about wet grips etc

Each to their own and all that but cant see me ever buying a non waterproof trolley bag as long as i live in England

This. ^^^. Last game I played before the lockdown we walked in after 11. A squall came through that soaked us all to the skin before we could get close to getting waterproofs on, a non-waterproof bag would have taken ages to dry out. The Titleist Sta Dry just laughed it off.

As others have said, pockets could be bigger but otherwise can't fault it.

OP, if you do buy one, be religious about doing the zips up. ;)

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This. ^^^. Last game I played before the lockdown we walked in after 11. A squall came through that soaked us all to the skin before we could get close to getting waterproofs on, a non-waterproof bag would have taken ages to dry out. The Titleist Sta Dry just laughed it off.

As others have said, pockets could be bigger but otherwise can't fault it.

OP, if you do buy one, be religious about doing the zips up.;)

And don't overstuff the pockets(y)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve used a Stewart golf body bag for years. Loads of zips so your entire bag in accessible. I’ve just moved to the titleist stay dry premium cart bag and absolutely love it. To conclude either splash out and treat yourself of get the Stewart golf cover.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Most non waterproof bags are made out of the same material that tea bags are made from.
Mega faff emptying everything out after a round, drying it and replacing.

I have a Sun Mountain H2NO cart bag, had it for a couple of years now and it’s great,
Think it cost about £175 cheapest I’ve seen new on eBay is £188 , but they seem to retail around £240 at places like clubhouse golf etc. Suppose that’s the COVID price premium we are seeing on all things golf

You gets what you pay for, but a good bag will last you years

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I went with a hybrid waterproof bag, ie a carry bag designed with a base to fit on the trolley too, and removable straps. It's the Motocaddy Aquaflex, had two seasons now and very happy with it. As everyone above says, zips are tight and pockets seem more narrow and less stretchy than normal bags, but it does the job well. I like the fact that I can carry if it's to wet and muddy or stick it on a trolley the right way round if I don't want to carry.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I found the ideal way to keep my gear dry when it starts raining is to walk in......
:oops::oops::oops:

Walk in !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mostly when I've been at meets you been at, and it rains, you've driven by buggy at speeds Lewis Hamilton would be hard pressed to beat ??

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Anyone buying a waterproof bag needs to choose carefully, is all I will say.

I’m not sure if Motocaddy have got their act together these days, but the zips on their waterproof range used to be awful, and when they fail, which they did on both bags I had from them, you can’t repair them.

Wouldn’t touch another one with a barge pole.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Anyone buying a waterproof bag needs to choose carefully, is all I will say.

I’m not sure if Motocaddy have got their act together these days, but the zips on their waterproof range used to be awful, and when they fail, which they did on both bags I had from them, you can’t repair them.

Wouldn’t touch another one with a barge pole.

Never had an issue with Sun Mountain or Titleist (which I believe at one time, if not still now, were the same manufacturer... ;))

D

Deleted member 23344

Just bought one of these. I‘m a fair weather golfer so it won’t get a lot of use, so I didn’t want to spend a lot. Reviews look OK.

Attachments

• 1F4C63B0-CB76-42B6-A6A4-17C977F6F7AC.jpeg
    1F4C63B0-CB76-42B6-A6A4-17C977F6F7AC.jpeg
    766.2 KB · Views: 36

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I’ve got the same bag - Druid black, red and grey camo, looks really nice in reality. The quality is really good.

To be fair, some of the other designs are ‘out there’!

Hahaha great choice of bag mate! And I agree, great quality, great price and they look awesome!

Yeah, some of them are horrendous :ROFLMAO:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've found that the high cost, tight zips & small pockets whilst OK for a carry-bag, are a big turn off for the main trolley bag. I much prefer a heavy-duty overall water-proof cover for the few occasions I'm out in a down-pour. As they are bulky I've always sought trolley bags that have a stretch pocket on the strap, underside of the bag, where it can sit out of the way & not fill the main pockets. Works well for me.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've found that the high cost, tight zips & small pockets whilst OK for a carry-bag, are a big turn off for the main trolley bag. I much prefer a heavy-duty overall water-proof cover for the few occasions I'm out in a down-pour. As they are bulky I've always sought trolley bags that have a stretch pocket on the strap, underside of the bag, where it can sit out of the way & not fill the main pockets. Works well for me.
I don't know about small pockets. In my Titleist StaDry they are a decent size and plenty of them. Two clothing pockets, two smaller higher pockets, a front facing purse type pocket at the front top, a ball pocket and a tees pocket just above. I have a full set of waterproofs, including hat. A windcheater, spare cap, sunglasses, drinks, food, lots of balls, gloves, tees, hip flask, scorecards, keys, in fact pretty much everything I need to cover every weather eventuality. I don't use an umbrella but there's space for that as well. In Scotland, you can cover all four seasons in one round. Carefully packed so no stress on the zips. Hi cost yes but I got mine at 25% off almost 4 years ago and it's still going strong so giving me good value.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just bought one of these. I‘m a fair weather golfer so it won’t get a lot of use, so I didn’t want to spend a lot. Reviews look OK.

Yup me too. Went off the reviews. Looks ok. Less room in the pockets but I've taken loads of stuff out of my old bag I'd forgotten was even in there, so all good.