Cart bags users - Mizuno BRD4 good? Is waterproof bags needed?

evemccc

Visit site
I’m in the early stages of thinking about getting a proper cart bag.

The BRD4 takes my fancy, anyone used it and what’s your take? Are waterproof bags needed?
My initial thought is that though it’s desirable, it’s not essential in a cart bag, for me, as I’ll mostly be carrying in winter. And I’d be paying extra for something that may not get used much (the waterproofing)

The reason the BRD4 looks good is it’s got a 14 divider. I’ve currently only got a 4 way divider and find clubs getting tangled quite annoying!

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Haven't used this Mizzy bag but, if I'm honest, I probably wouldn't have a cart bag that doesn't have some degree of waterproofing.
Most bags seem to be made of the same material as T bags.
It rains in the UK - mostly when the forecasters say it won't - so I think waterproof is the way to go.
The downside to waterproof bags can be that the pockets seem to be smaller and not necessarily placed where they're most useful..they're placed where they can angle the zip so water runs away from it.
I have the Ping DLX, an older version but it's made of a PVC-like material so most of the rain falls straight off.
1 po ket can get a bit damp but that's the one I keep tees and ball markers in.
The rest of it is pretty sound.
I had a Callaway waterproof bag that was excellent until it wore out.....

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't know what that bags like but check we're the umbrella holder is first. My current bag is a Callaway and I have to undo the strap on the trolley and lift the bag out a bit to get the umbrella out and it is driving me nuts. My old bag was a big Powerkaddy bag and it slipped in and out no bother.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I got a Motocaddy bag free with my electric trolley and bought one of those rain covers. Used it once or twice and wasn’t worth the hassle. Bought a Big Max Aqua waterproof bag. Much less stress if it starts to rain and less drying out if you get caught badly