Wanted! Your questions for Golf Monthly Top 25 coaches

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

we're doing a shoot with a few of our Top 25 coaches in Spain this week and one of the things we wanted to do was put some questions to them from the forum

could be anything technique based, things you're struggling with, faults that are killing your game, scenarios you dread or, on a more positive note, areas of your game where you're looking to improve and a nugget from a Top 25 coach might prove the lightbulb moment!

Post up your questions/problems/thoughts here and we'll get them to answer a selection

thanks

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I have one:
I am better side of 50 and many coaches today teach and talk about the modern rotational golf swing, but I don't have the athleticism that under 30 ~ 40's have, so trying to apply and use this type golf swing, goes well in my head but not so well on the range, and I end up with a comprise of good intentions and a golf swing that is semi rotational and handsy.

So for senior golfers, who are loosing their flexibility and athleticism how would they recommend the golf swing is adapted the get the best out their game

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am 61 yrs old now ,play off six but am losing length with all my clubs.
My Q would be I hit the ball really well on the range but am not taking this to the course.
I can stand and hit 20 seven irons on the range prior to playing but miss the green on a par 3 with the same club.
Does repetition on range really help me.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Is there a tip to better gauge a wind speed into the distance lost/gained when you're hitting directly into/with the wind?

hibbo

Visit site
Why do i always have the dreaded sh*nk on the same hole? in the last medal round i had 3 identical shots all never to be seen again??

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
1. How to gain greater flexibility when approaching 70 including best exercises?
2. How to stop coming ‘over the top’? including drills.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played a course recently and the bunkers were in poor condition. The sand was reall hard and compact. Would / should you approach the shot differently?

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
How do you stop hitting snap hooks with a hybrid off the tee?

I usually play with a touch of fade and very rarely hit a hook unless its with my 18 hybrid off the tee. The swing doesn't feel different, just the result. Had a couple of hybrids and had the same issue. Managed to control it with an old one, but felt like I was holding off the clubhead release to ensure it went straight whereas my usual swing thought is trying to make sure I'm releasing early to avoid the push cut.

D

Deleted member 1147

Any tips for people struggling with distance control on the greens?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is there a different approach to playing 30/40 yard bunker shots?

Should you try to blast it out with loads of sand and not much control, and risk coming up very short of the target.

Or, try to nip it off the top (assuming it isn't plugged) and make it spin a bit hoping that you don't thin it miles?

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If it's not too late:

How do you design individual practice sessions?
How do you design a longer practice plan over a year (or multiple) with peaking for certain events?

CVG

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

we're doing a shoot with a few of our Top 25 coaches in Spain this week and one of the things we wanted to do was put some questions to them from the forum

could be anything technique based, things you're struggling with, faults that are killing your game, scenarios you dread or, on a more positive note, areas of your game where you're looking to improve and a nugget from a Top 25 coach might prove the lightbulb moment!

Post up your questions/problems/thoughts here and we'll get them to answer a selection

thanks
How can I reduce my horrid loop on my back swing when using the putter?

D

Deleted member 16999

Would you recommend lessons to all standards of Golfer?