WANTED - Graphite shafted irons.

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
I'm looking for a set in regular graphite, right handed. Ideally game improvement design, Ping G series or simillar. Budget up to £200, or swap for my S2 forged irons?

Let me know if you think you have something suitable please.

Thanks,
John.

edgey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

I have a set of Ping Rapture Irons 6 - LW with standard Ping Graphite Regular shafts and original Ping grips.

Clubs are used but not abused. Shafts and heads are pretty good having lived most of their life in zipped headcovers.

I mights be interested in selling if you are interested.

Regards

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Smiffy has got a set of regular graphite Cobra's which he must be due to change soon. I understand he was very tempted by some shiney irons at Bearwood Lakes.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy has got a set of regular graphite Cobra's which he must be due to change soon. I understand he was very tempted by some shiney irons at Bearwood Lakes.

Thing that killed it Richard was the budget up to £200.00..

I've got some lovely MD Tungsten Ti2's which have regular graphite shafts and are "like new" that would be well under that though......

Attachments

• MD Irons 001.jpg
    MD Irons 001.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 28
  • MD Irons 002.jpg
    MD Irons 002.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 21
  • MD Irons 003.jpg
    MD Irons 003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 22
  • MD Irons 004.jpg
    MD Irons 004.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
  • MD Irons 005.jpg
    MD Irons 005.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 28
  • MD Irons 006.jpg
    MD Irons 006.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 31
  • MD Irons 007.jpg
    MD Irons 007.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27
  • MD Irons 008.jpg
    MD Irons 008.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hmmmm.....

Tell me more..

4-SW. Only used for four rounds as I sold my motorbike, had some spare cash, and stupidly got fitted for a set of Mizuno MX200's.
Lovely clubs, in very good condition. Retail price was well over £300.00 although I got them slightly cheaper than that (bought brand new from Willingdon GC).
Unmarked graphite shafts, and the grips are like new too!
£100.00 plus postage (which would be about a tenner I guess)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi John
received your PM mate but can't answer it as the PM system is playing up with the new layout.
The MD irons are definitely a "game improver" iron, nice thick sole (as seen in one of the pics above) which help get the ball up in the air pretty quickly.
Good distance too...the titanium inserts really do help and the ball just "pings" off the clubface.
A nice set of clubs, they get very good reviews if you do a search......really don't know why I changed to be honest.
Oh yes I do. At the time I had more money than sense (still don't have any sense but the money situation is not quite as good as it was) and I bought the MX200's because I thought custom fitting was the way to go. Worse thing I ever did! I then went over to Ping and these clubs have literally sat there gathering dust ever since.
Rob