Vlog inspired by Homerjsimpson

D

Deleted member 15344

No bites from Homer- unlucky
The two chaps are from Homers club and know him - I don’t think they are taking the Mickey out of Homer per se more Vlogs ( and Homer has already replied ) - some funny moments in it

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are you not just falling into the trap of producing the same sort of rubbish lots of others do...like homer ,so laying yourself open to the same criticism he and others doing blogs get?

now if you were a couple of fit young ladies who were decent players, rather than a couple middle aged high handicappers😂

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I like watching golf vlogs uk. Not for the golf necessarily, but I like the characters, Liam, OMP and the Dick. Plenty of banter which Reminds me of when I play with my mates.

Liam reminds me of a Northern Smiffy.:eek: Happy birthday geezer.(y)

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Are you not just falling into the trap of producing the same sort of rubbish lots of others do...like homer ,so laying yourself open to the same criticism he and others doing blogs get?

now if you were a couple of fit young ladies who were decent players, rather than a couple middle aged high handicappers😂
😀middle aged I've just hit my 30s........high handicappers.....I play off 7. From the sounds of it you would like to see a serious in-depth analysis video of our golf game whilst playing under medal round conditions. Great idea. I can give my thought process on every shot so you can get into the mind of a single figure handicapper who is on the path of getting lower. I like we're this is going, thank you so much for the prompt that has given me a good idea. Cheers

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
I like watching golf vlogs uk. Not for the golf necessarily, but I like the characters, Liam, OMP and the Dick. Plenty of banter which Reminds me of when I play with my mates.

Liam reminds me of a Northern Smiffy.:eek: Happy birthday geezer.(y)
I just started watching golf flogs uk and do like OMP what a lovely gentle man who has a very tidy no nonsense golf game. Love the video of the benross fitting video of him hitting it Bullitt straight.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
😀middle aged I've just hit my 30s........high handicappers.....I play off 7. From the sounds of it you would like to see a serious in-depth analysis video of our golf game whilst playing under medal round conditions. Great idea. I can give my thought process on every shot so you can get into the mind of a single figure handicapper who is on the path of getting lower. I like we're this is going, thank you so much for the prompt that has given me a good idea. Cheers
Not to me my handicap is half that😁
Your signature say 12 by the way

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
What will be your unique selling point that will separate your channel from the rest and there are many?
Also, have a look at some of the more popular channels and see how many subscribers they have.
I would advise you both not to give up your day job just yet.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fantastic keep it up. What would you say is the best tip to maintain such a low handicap. Is it the one shot at a time mentality and staying calm or just playing really easy courses.
being a member at a championship links where the SSS is 2 over par and css higher at times😄

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
being a member at a championship links where the SSS is 2 over par and css higher at times😄
Ah so does you handicap travel well then so when you play say parkland courses you find them really easy because your so good on your high SSS course or does it get difficult foe you as your so used to playing on a course where your happy to double bogey a hole that would relate to net pars. I find it fascinating this SSS and CSS stuff as the Americans have a weird system don't they.
Need to change that handicap as I haven't been on here in over 2 years and the signature is now old.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ah so does you handicap travel well then so when you play say parkland courses you find them really easy because your so good on your high SSS course or does it get difficult foe you as your so used to playing on a course where your happy to double bogey a hole that would relate to net pars. I find it fascinating this SSS and CSS stuff as the Americans have a weird system don't they.
No really many good parkland courses around here so don't play any qual ifying comps on parkland all links😅 dornoch being a favorite, break 80 make buffer😁

we will all be going to a similar system next year so if say I played my local parkland I would be playng from a much lower handicap etc

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No no no I feel people have misinterpreted the title of this thread as we are taking the micky out of homer. He has inspired us to venture into the exciting world of you tube and the attached video is our style of making videos. How can we make it appeal to you is there something you would like too see whilst watching a golf entertainment show.

I'm not really sure I get what your 'style' is, sorry. But because I know it takes all kinds (i.e I don't get the shaky camera work in the Bourne movies!) So i'll ask anyway, is the poor light/sound, lack of intro etc part of the style, I'm not sure what scale an audience will get it. If not intentional then it badly needs sorted

Was it intended to do something like these guys did a few years back Dude Perfect (near 50 million views) if so I think there's definitely some more mileage in that genre to entertain viewers and let them laugh at golf, but remember though if you're not going to be yourself in a video then, like these guys, you'll need to have a bit of acting skills as well as skills and equipment for filming and pre/post production

There's dozens and dozens and dozens more golf related oddities and weirdities you can find on a course/range/clubhouse (like the 'putting on the glove' thing you included) but it really needs to be set up or introduced somewhere what it is you're actually doing. So a good deal of time will be required for planning and scripting too (very very few will be able to wing it with their lines) so yes a plan and a script, but it shouldn't sound scripted obviously (unless that's what you're taking the pee out of)

The leap from sharing a mildly amusing 30 sec clip (you were lucky enough to catch) with mates on whatsapp, to producing worthwhile youtube content, is as big a challenge as it would be for me to get my 20 handicap down to scratch... and then qualify for The Open :eek:

Good luck with it

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not really sure I get what your 'style' is, sorry. But because I know it takes all kinds (i.e I don't get the shaky camera work in the Bourne movies!) So i'll ask anyway, is the poor light/sound, lack of intro etc part of the style, I'm not sure what scale an audience will get it. If not intentional then it badly needs sorted

Was it intended to do something like these guys did a few years back Dude Perfect (near 50 million views) if so I think there's definitely some more mileage in that genre to entertain viewers and let them laugh at golf, but remember though if you're not going to be yourself in a video then, like these guys, you'll need to have a bit of acting skills as well as skills and equipment for filming and pre/post production

There's dozens and dozens and dozens more golf related oddities and weirdities you can find on a course/range/clubhouse (like the 'putting on the glove' thing you included) but it really needs to be set up or introduced somewhere what it is you're actually doing. So a good deal of time will be required for planning and scripting too (very very few will be able to wing it with their lines) so yes a plan and a script, but it shouldn't sound scripted obviously (unless that's what you're taking the pee out of)

The leap from sharing a mildly amusing 30 sec clip (you were lucky enough to catch) with mates on whatsapp, to producing worthwhile youtube content, is as big a challenge as it would be for me to get my 20 handicap down to scratch... and then qualify for The Open :eek:

Good luck with it

I think some of this is why I posted what I did. The overall quality is so poor it looks like something cobbled together for a laugh, or to take the pee out of Homer.
I guess we’ll see if the next ones are better quality, if there are more.