Villarmartin/Murcia advice

Billythefish

Assistant Pro
www.cdhtraining.co.uk
Guys, it's that time of year again. Just booked 5 nights at Villarmartin in june for our annual lads golfing trip. You guys were a massive help last year so just looking for more advice on courses.

We have booked Villarmartin first day, simply because we land at 11.35 and our villa overlooks the 8th tee, so a quick drop off of the bags and straight to it.

We really wanted to play Lo Romero again (thanks to your advice last year, a cracking course) but Jaqui at Costa Calida reckons they are hollow tining, which also rules out Campomoar and Las Ramblas, (she hasn't mentioned La Finca) Gutted about Lo Romero, was really looking forward to birdieing that 18th! (ahem!)

So, she has booked Villarmartin first day, and also Las Colinas. She has mentioned El Valle?

So question, any advice? Greatly appreciated as you guys were really helpful last year

Cheers

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
What about Hacienda del Alamo, played it a few years ago. Nice course probably less then an hour away from Murcia.

There's no rough, instead they have a hard pan I assume to keep costs down. Worth a look.

Can't remember if I played El Valle, but can ask some friends at the club at the weekend who have played there. Also get some recommendations for the area.

I'll be staying at Valle Del Este in April, which is about halfway between Almeria and Cartegena.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hacienda del Alamo is good. Hacienda Requelme (Nicklaus design) is also good. My m8 is off to to his house @ La Finca tmrw, I'll ask him for any info about La Finca on coring.

Have you tried the Golf Factory @ Cartagena for cheap golf? Always use them when I go.

http://www.thegolffactory.es/

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
roda is on a par with lo romero in my view, only 25 min drive down the AP7 from villamartin http://english.rodagolf.com/page/in...ream-of-a-golf-course-designed-by-dave-thomas

have a look at Vista Bella also, only 11 holes but different tees which do make a difference to the holes, is better than it sounds and pretty cheap for the region. 5 mins from La finca

have had a house down there for years and only course I don't like is La Serena near Murcia airport, the ones you've already mentioned and the Nicklaus courses of which El Valle is one are fine.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Las Colinas is awesome. Would definitely recommend, loved my round there. Shame you can't play Las Ramblas, such a fun course! Hacienda Del Alamo is really good too, definitely recommended. The IRM Nicklaus courses will be worth a look too. El Valle, Mar Menor and La Torre are all excellent courses, and we paid 180 euros each for a weekly pass for unlimited golf including buggies. Great value for money on some excellent courses!