Viktor Hovland

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Norwegian chap about to win the US Amatuer at Pebble.

Plays with a massive slinging draw and an unbelievable short game.

I know plenty of US Amatuer champions have sunk without trace, but I will certainly be watching his progress with curiosity.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
Is it true bathia got dq’d because of his caddy going to the toilet, then hitching a lift back on the cart?

Yes. It's on YouTube somewhere. Apparently it's OK if the driver is an official but the caddie hitched a lift with a volunteer dressed similarly to an official so his player got disqualified.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Meanwhile Tiger (Masters) and Phil (US Open) both made serious infringements at major tournaments and were able to stay in the tournament.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes. It's on YouTube somewhere. Apparently it's OK if the driver is an official but the caddie hitched a lift with a volunteer dressed similarly to an official so his player got disqualified.

Not quite - he wasn't disqualified. I think he won the hole but was then effectively deducted that as a consequence of the caddy hitching a ride. So he would have gone 1 up, but instead remained all square. He then won the 15th to go 1 up and lost the 17th and 18th to lose the match.