Video Analysis

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Gary... do you hook the ball a lot?

No, but I tried something different today (have been trying lots of different things lately so I'm a bit mixed up) and most of my shots hooked/drew between 5 & 10yds with a 7 iron.

What have you seen and do I need to put it right?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Gary, the thing about video analysis is you can always find something wrong.
No-one has the perfect swing but too much tinkering can ruin a natural swing.
Obviously if there is something drastically wrong with the swing then it helps to highlight the problem but if it works for you, don't fix it.
Think of some of the swings you see on tour. If you were to slow them down, some would look horrendous.

What I'm saying is be careful what you change and don't ruin the good swing you have.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

I agree, but isn't that generally the point of videoing it in the first place, so you can look to see if there's anything untoward?

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

I agree, but isn't that generally the point of videoing it in the first place, so you can look to see if there's anything untoward?

Yes, but if that fault ( eg an excessive hip slide ) is intergrated into a good overall swing, then you're best off working with it, rather than trying to eradicate it.

:D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Would any coach change JFs' swing?

I doubt it

Furry1.jpg

furry2.jpg

furry3.jpg

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Would any coach change JFs' swing?

Just because he has an unusual swing doesn't mean that he can't make changes here and there. He's made adjustments over the past few years and I'm sure he'll make even more as his body gets older/tired. If his swing was perfect how come he didn't win 3 times on tour last year, and the year before... etc etc.

Everyone tweaks and having it on video analysis gives you the opportunity to see what's going on. I'm sure Gary isn't going to win the Open next year so he's free to tweak as he feels fit. It's probably not life and death.

Interesting that Gary is using V1 to watch his swing but then doesn't really know what he's looking at... I'm sure you'll fill in the blanks for him.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
. I'm sure Gary isn't going to win the Open next year

I'm hurt :(

Interesting that Gary is using V1 to watch his swing but then doesn't really know what he's looking at

That's why I'm here :)

I quite like my swing at the moment apart from one thing. I'm so close to really playing well but I thought I'd see if I could video myself and use V1 to see if I could spot the cause of the thing I don't like... if that makes sense