Very proud :-)

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
My 15 year old son this morning was in a comp and shot a gross 66, 3 under par which was 6 under handicap. His handicap is now 2.1 but my question is : The club is running a 36 hole comp. he started the morning round off 3 handicap, should he play off 2 this afternoon or do you carry the 3 handicap for the 36 holes ?

thanks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My 15 year old son this morning was in a comp and shot a gross 66, 3 under par which was 6 under handicap. His handicap is now 2.1 but my question is : The club is running a 36 hole comp. he started the morning round off 3 handicap, should he play off 2 this afternoon or do you carry the 3 handicap for the 36 holes ?

thanks
Normally same handicap for both rounds. So 3 fot this afternoon.

Adjusted for each round after the competition.

Would pay to check with 'The Committee' before signing 2nd card though just in case!

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Beg to differ, handicap should change for next round IMO.

P.S cracking score, you should be proud:thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Beg to differ.
Its a 36 hole comp, so one hcp for both, but there can be two adjustments afterwards.

I hope nil junior won!

Agreed! we had a big row at our club a year or two back over this and sought clarification. If the comp is on one day or reasonable close together (a weekend) then the handicap stays the same. Ours was on consecutive Sundays and had to change
which was because there was a likelyhood of people playing other competitions in between.