Various R9 TP iron sets

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
Does anyone know what the benefits would be if I purchased a set of " B " stamp or " C " stamp versions of the R9 TP irons over the standard R9 TP iron set?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The main effect would be the need to explain what the heck they are to more people (different designs made for Tour players) and more chance of selling to a Tour-issued club freak.

Unless you are a very good player, probably no benefit to you over a set of standards properly fitted for you. .

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
The main effect would be the need to explain what the heck they are to more people (different designs made for Tour players) and more chance of selling to a Tour-issued club freak.

Unless you are a very good player, probably no benefit to you over a set of standards properly fitted for you. .

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your reply.

As you most definately know your stuff about most golf equipment could you please tell me what the big differences are that would make them so hard to use?

I know they have less offset than the standard R9 TP set but obviously there is a lot more differences in the " B " and " C " stamp versions.

Cheers

griffgolf

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your reply.

As you most definately know your stuff about most golf equipment could you please tell me what the big differences are that would make them so hard to use?

I know they have less offset than the standard R9 TP set but obviously there is a lot more differences in the " B " and " C " stamp versions.

Cheers

griffgolf

I haven't been keeping up with all the details, and there are several flavours available, but generally they are made with less offset and a Tour sole grind. If they have the right stamps on them, then you can easily sell them on GolfWRX or some of the sites where loads of people are obsessed with Tour Issue.

I don't think they are necessarily hard to use, rather that the differences may be subtle except to the very good player. Which you might be.