V1 golf software on ipad

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Better, but still compresses to 30fps according to their blurb.

Not being silly, but if I film in 230fps, I'd like to review my video in 230 fps, or there's no point in buying a decent camera.

I think Gasp also compresses, but I have not yet found out the fps.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is there any reasoning behind why the iPad apps compress so much?

I'm assuming it's just an iPad thing because V1 on my PC is fine with the 240fps vids I've taken.

Does your iPad display the slow-mo vids on Youtube ok?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yes, you tube is fine, and also the 240fps from the camera.

I get the impression it is to do with V1 as an app, given that I guess it's the same app for iphone and ipad, and phones aren't rammed with memory. Trick is, ipads are.

Apparently Gasp compresses less, and I have posted the question to them regarding compression rates (theirs compresses too, but they claim it gives better results than V1 app).

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, you tube is fine, and also the 240fps from the camera.

I get the impression it is to do with V1 as an app, given that I guess it's the same app for iphone and ipad, and phones aren't rammed with memory. Trick is, ipads are.

Apparently Gasp compresses less, and I have posted the question to them regarding compression rates (theirs compresses too, but they claim it gives better results than V1 app).

Looking forward to hearing the response. If the compression rates are less and can actually give some decent slo-mo analysis, might be worth a punt.