Utube clip of my swing!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
What do you think about it Chris? (The swing that is)

To be honest Socket it's almost a drill in action. I played using the swing today and the driver was really behaving itself and the irons did what the lessons are trying to achieve,which is to take out the shot that goes right (slice). I hit the ball pretty well and I think, when the swing is refined it will improve my strike. My lessons on the short game really worked today and I chipped in for a birdie on a par 3 and was an inch from another chip in on a par 5. All pretty good for only the second walk round (7 holes played x 2) this year.

Do you have any thoughts on it?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be honest Socket it's almost a drill in action. I played using the swing today and the driver was really behaving itself and the irons did what the lessons are trying to achieve,which is to take out the shot that goes right (slice). I hit the ball pretty well and I think, when the swing is refined it will improve my strike. My lessons on the short game really worked today and I chipped in for a birdie on a par 3 and was an inch from another chip in on a par 5. All pretty good for only the second walk round (7 holes played x 2) this year.

Do you have any thoughts on it?

Chris.

Generally its a good swing. Here are a few small things worth a bit of consideration:

You fan your wrists inside very early in the takeaway, this gets you a bit laid off at the top and that results in you coming down a bit too steep. This can get the club cutting across out to in.

Your left foot is spinning out a bit through impact. This tends to be due to being quick with your body rotation so that although your hips are getting round your weight is still hanging a bit on the back foot. It may help if you can start the downswing by bumping a little more onto the left side before turning through, the weight should ideally shift over to your left toes then onto your left heel. Normally this can create pulls and/or slices depending on how active the wrists are.

Hope this is helpful to you.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Chris.

Generally its a good swing. Here are a few small things worth a bit of consideration:

You fan your wrists inside very early in the takeaway, this gets you a bit laid off at the top and that results in you coming down a bit too steep. This can get the club cutting across out to in.

Your left foot is spinning out a bit through impact. This tends to be due to being quick with your body rotation so that although your hips are getting round your weight is still hanging a bit on the back foot. It may help if you can start the downswing by bumping a little more onto the left side before turning through, the weight should ideally shift over to your left toes then onto your left heel. Normally this can create pulls and/or slices depending on how active the wrists are.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Generally, fair comment Socket.

When I'm at the p2 position, my club head covers my hands which I always thought was correct. I definitely get a tad long and the club points closed at the top, this I'm trying with the pro to rectify. I do re route on the way down but am generally getting better at swinging in to out and we are working on a hip turn rather than a bump and lift of the hip that I've always done. My left foot did spin out, largely cos I tend to splay it open, given my surgery on the knee some years ago, I forgot to do It to this swing!

My pro is trying to delay the weight transfer ever so slightly to promote a draw and the ball is slightly closer to me at set up to keep my arms closer to my chest ( without getting stuck) through impact.

I hope that this all makes some sense!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Which range is that Chris? I'm a bit screwed now since Homelands went under. :(

That was Great Chart James. I understand that Homelands are reopening on the 1st May with new management. I hit at Great Chart or Etchinghill depending which way the rain is sheeting down and which I'm nearest.

D

Deleted Member 1156

With a swing like that it's just as well you had a decent partner at Blackmoor :whistle:

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
That was Great Chart James. I understand that Homelands are reopening on the 1st May with new management. I hit at Great Chart or Etchinghill depending which way the rain is sheeting down and which I'm nearest.

Cheers Chris - good news! Let's hope they don't up the prices too much (Etchinghill just upped their digicard by £5 to £30!)

Swing looking good btw :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Cheers Chris - good news! Let's hope they don't up the prices too much (Etchinghill just upped their digicard by £5 to £30!)

Swing looking good btw :)

I understand they've plans to offer annual cards for unlimited balls.

Thanks for the swing comment, just got back from bashing a few balls, concentrated on left wrist being slightly bowed and was hitting nicely drawn 5 irons!

I hope your game is still good and that the weather improves so that we can get out soon

Jimbooo

Challenge Tour Pro
www.gosimply.com
I understand they've plans to offer annual cards for unlimited balls.

Thanks for the swing comment, just got back from bashing a few balls, concentrated on left wrist being slightly bowed and was hitting nicely drawn 5 irons!

I hope your game is still good and that the weather improves so that we can get out soon

First go at the range yesterday... not too bad considering I haven't picked up a club since December!

Be good to get out there and teach you a lesson... we'll meet up soon :)