US Open

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm watching this, but it's not streaming particularly well. Just me, or anyone else?
Apart from that, it looks like it should be really good!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I'm watching this, but it's not streaming particularly well. Just me, or anyone else?
Apart from that, it looks like it should be really good!

My Sky TV has gone bonkers - must be some bad storms somewhere as my signal is scrambled on most channels.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It is interesting that Phil's reception was warm when everyone was predicting a frosty one at best.

I suppose it is still quite early and once the liquid refreshment takes hold it could all change.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It is interesting that Phil's reception was warm when everyone was predicting a frosty one at best.

I suppose it is still quite early and once the liquid refreshment takes hold it could all change.
Why would he get a bad reception from the average American golf fan after all he's achieved in the game?

RRidges

Visit site
Well, off to a local course for a few beers with food and watch the last of today's rounds.
Temps here are mid-high 90s(F) so far too hot to play.

Barking_Mad

Visit site

It was OK, hardly raucous appreciation. No booing, but noticeable a good number of people stood with their arms crossed or not applauding.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Dunno if I'm a fan of this 'course' and definitely not as using it for a Major. Par 70 just doesn't feel right

I think I read one of the par 3's isn't part of the course at all (11th I think)
One of the shorter par 4's has been changed to a long par 3 for this week. How does that even work, doesn't that mean the green was designed to have a short iron/wedge played into it but yesterday players are hitting long irons and hybrids and not holding the green
That just doesn't seem like the way to 'toughen up' a course for Pro tournaments... one step away from windmills ;)

Surely there's enough courses in the US that are good enough for the US Open without a composite course

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It was OK, hardly raucous appreciation. No booing, but noticeable a good number of people stood with their arms crossed or not applauding.
I thought that the crowds seemed to be fairly subdued for a New England crowd. I heard during the broadcast that ticket numbers had been capped at 20,000 per day due to the limited space. Perhaps the USGA have been selective in who received them, not necessarily because of LIV, but perhaps they don't want the 16th at Phoenix crowd. We'll see

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dunno if I'm a fan of this 'course' and definitely not as using it for a Major. Par 70 just doesn't feel right

Disagree, Brookline is the among the closest thing there is to a historic test in the States. It’s all the dull parkland courses built since and that feature regularly on the tours that should have the windmills on them.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site

I think I read one of the par 3's isn't part of the course at all (11th I think)
One of the shorter par 4's has been changed to a long par 3 for this week. How does that even work, doesn't that mean the green was designed to have a short iron/wedge played into it but yesterday players are hitting long irons and hybrids and not holding the green
That just doesn't seem like the way to 'toughen up' a course for Pro tournaments... one step away from windmills ;)

Surely there's enough courses in the US that are good enough for the US Open without a composite course
Aren't most US Open's par 70?