US Masters 2024

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was out tonight and unable to watch it until the last twenty minutes, but for him to drop three shots in two holes and then drop an eagle two holes later just shows how relentless he is. Will be difficult to beat that's for sure.

Bryson on the other hand is absolutely losing the plot.
Bryson! I reverse-cursed him. Brilliant! 😂

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
It's someone out of the top 5 for me.

Scheffler is obviously the clear favourite but Spieth was in a very similar position 8 years ago - no one thought he was going to lose that, even with just 9 holes left. And yet he's barely recovered since then.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Some shot that.
But extremely lucky for it to go in.

Should be a fantastic final round, but I expect Scottie to efficiently dispatch everyone without too much drama.

Would love to see Homa or Åburg take the win.

Last edited:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nobody has ever won a Major without having 1 or 5 strokes of sheer luck....
You need luck to win one of these things..
Lucky breaks, or bad ones, are part and parcel of golf.

Agreed However to see somebody that blooming talented then get a massive stroke of luck is just eye rolling

Amount of free drops their getting aswell , might aswell let them pick and place lol 🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I think it is going to be a memorable last day.
Scheffler's scoring was very erratic yesterday and the next three chasing him were all far more consistent.
Could get very close, but the winner is most likely to be the one who takes the fewest putts on the final 9 holes. ;)

Bryson will finish in 8th place or lower. The course doesn't really suit him, but I've really enjoyed watching him and wish him well for the year ahead.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Finally tiring of the Masters.
The course and setting is unique, spectacular and challenging, but the way it is run and the “traditions” are tedious, “patrons” and “fore please” for example.
The way the rest of the golfing establishment and broadcasters have to bend to their requirements, at the risk of being banned for any transgression is painful. I understand respect but these guys give the impression of the being stuck in the 1940’s.
At all the main golf events, The Open, US Open, PGA, the Players, Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup, etc, TV coverage of the golf starts pretty much from the first tee time of the day….but at the Masters, oh no, mainstream full coverage only commenced 15 minutes after the last group tee’d off last night.
Why and how do these guys get away with it?
Perhaps it’s time the Masters stopped being one of the “Majors” and just became a regular top event like the Players.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
At least we see the front 9 now!😁😁

It doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I'm with you. It's golf, hitting a little white ball around a field.

I don't like the opposite end of the scale, The Waste Management, and the notorious 16th. I'm not asking them to change anything, I just don't watch it, simple.

Swango1980

Visit site
Finally tiring of the Masters.
The course and setting is unique, spectacular and challenging, but the way it is run and the “traditions” are tedious, “patrons” and “fore please” for example.
The way the rest of the golfing establishment and broadcasters have to bend to their requirements, at the risk of being banned for any transgression is painful. I understand respect but these guys give the impression of the being stuck in the 1940’s.
At all the main golf events, The Open, US Open, PGA, the Players, Ryder Cup, Solheim Cup, etc, TV coverage of the golf starts pretty much from the first tee time of the day….but at the Masters, oh no, mainstream full coverage only commenced 15 minutes after the last group tee’d off last night.
Why and how do these guys get away with it?
Perhaps it’s time the Masters stopped being one of the “Majors” and just became a regular top event like the Players.
Would your opinion change if they were called spectators and coverage started a few hours earlier?

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was listening to some of the coverage on the radio in the car before I got back yesterday.
They were calling them spectators then.
Does it matter to me as a viewer or listener ?
I just want the golf to be entertaining and yesterday it was.

I've almost always enjoyed it when I've watched it though for quite a few years I didn't because it coincided with family Easter ski trips.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was listening to some of the coverage on the radio in the car before I got back yesterday.
They were calling them spectators then.
Does it matter to me as a viewer or listener ?
I just want the golf to be entertaining and yesterday it was.

I've almost always enjoyed it when I've watched it though for quite a few years I didn't because it coincided with family Easter ski trips.

I love the masters but I wish they would stop mucking around with the greens, stupid slopes. Drying them out .. making them marble (more than normal)

Greens were ridiculous yesterday because they had mucked around with them. Then mother nature did her job . Just leave them alone

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Is Golf Monthly now American owned?

I see they have an article discussing Jason Day's "pants", if there's one Americanism to be avoided at all costs then this is it.
Don't know about ownership but since moving more on-line I imagine the lure of a vastly bigger market for clicks was there. Much on-line stuff is US biased these days.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love the masters but I wish they would stop mucking around with the greens, stupid slopes. Drying them out .. making them marble (more than normal)

Greens were ridiculous yesterday because they had mucked around with them. Then mother nature did her job . Just leave them alone
Well no greens are left to Mother nature, they are all cut prepared, drained watered etc.
The degree varies but without slick greens Augusta loses some of its tactical interest.
Maybe yesterday's went a little too far but I've seen worse at the US open.

Fore Right

Visit site
Reports saying they have watered the greens overnight to soften them.

Sunday pins are always gettable.

Scoring should be lower tonight.
Someone will make a run from the pack but who.?