US Masters 2018 - Who are you backing?

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not long now folks, so let us know who you are backing / betting on.

I rarely back favourites, prefer to try and find value in the longer odds with e/w bets.

Rose @ 16/1
Stenson @ 40/1
Koepka @ 50/1

Small stake, hoping to make a few £ on cash-out:
Hoffman @ 100/1
Simpson @ 150/1

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Me and the Mrs have just been talking about this, we only place bets on the Masters, Open and Grand National so we try not to back the same ones.

Both liking Casey, Rose and JT. I like Big Phil & Reed, she’s a fan of Sergio. We also like to have a tinker on a bit of an outsider (normally IJP for Kath). Now I’ve not looked at who has got the invite but I’ll be looking out for Jimmy Walker, Ryan Moore and GMac

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just done my bets

The above plus some on Fleetwood and kepka

All each way paying out top 5 places

Let’s see if I get any nibbles

Worth noting that some bookies are offering 6 places (eg, PaddyPower), but at 1/5th odds. Those offering 5 places are probably at 1/4 odds.

Last year I backed Rose & Garcia. Bottled it when it went to playoff and cashed out on Rose (who I stood to win more on), thankfully my lack off balls paid off! LOL

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
is Westwood playing ,i know he hasnt shown much form of late but he performs well at augusta and would be worth an eachway bet .
Tiger is worth a punt but im going for Casey as my pick to win .

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worth noting that some bookies are offering 6 places (eg, PaddyPower), but at 1/5th odds. Those offering 5 places are probably at 1/4 odds.

Last year I backed Rose & Garcia. Bottled it when it went to playoff and cashed out on Rose (who I stood to win more on), thankfully my lack off balls paid off! LOL

It will be top 8 paid come masters week

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Rose as my front runner, he's been around the top of the leaderboard in the last two tournaments so in good form, and has a decent record at Augusta with some high finishes.

Always though Augusta is set up for Casey but he's never really hit the ground running there, but after his win last week who knows.

Can't ignore McIlroy's win yestersay, absolutely imperious and if he can keep his putting hot, he could walk away with the career Grand Slam

micklson66

Visit site
Rose has been playing very well but not sure about his putting. He missed a few over last couple of days that he would normally roll in no problem.
Woods was excellent on the greens yesterday but still not convinced by him off the tee.

Rory for me. I think yesterdays win will give him the boost he needs. Putting and wedge play was excellent

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rose as my front runner, he's been around the top of the leaderboard in the last two tournaments so in good form, and has a decent record at Augusta with some high finishes.

Always though Augusta is set up for Casey but he's never really hit the ground running there, but after his win last week who knows.

Can't ignore McIlroy's win yestersay, absolutely imperious and if he can keep his putting hot, he could walk away with the career Grand Slam

Sets up pretty well for his long game but seems the same story every year there where he hits it good just doesnt putt well on the greens, think it may be as hes a little mechanical putting wise and you need a bit more feel and flair on the greens there

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
I backed Rose a few weeks ago at 20/1, stuck a cheeky punt of Fitzpatrick today at very long odds.

Will probably back at least one more person, maybe two I generally aim for break even if my worst odds E/W bet comes in.