Uk weekend break

Neeko1988

Visit site
Hi All

Looking for some recommendations please. Me and 3 of my mates go away abroad and a trip in Uk every year.

Looking for places to go in May for our UK break this year. We have done the usual Celtic manor, belfry, vale etc looking for somewhere within couple of hours of the midlands and somewhere with nice courses maybe some history etc

Thanks

Zig

Visit site
Alwoodley and Moortown have a tie up where you can play both, stay over nearby. Have a look on the Alwoodley website. Leeds area, loads of history, top heathland courses, within 2 hours of the Midlands.

https://www.alwoodley.co.uk/visitors/current-offers.php

If you want a 3rd course there are plenty of other cracking courses nearby as well.

Notts on the way there or home ;) And Ganton to the east if you fancy it. All exceptional in May too.
Maybe Notts, then Alwoodley/Moortown, Ganton, and Woodhall Spa/Forest Pines on the way back home.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tried hawkestone park before? 2 decent courses, the old course is very picturesque cut into the follies/cliffs. A good all round set up in terms of the pro shop, hotel and restaurant etc.

D

Deleted member 21258

West Wales like RSD & Aberdovey which take visitors at weekend

or North Wales like Conwy, Bull Bay believe both take visitors at weekend.

Or Ganton & Alwoodley which takes visitors at the weekend (maybe out of the 2 hour range, depending on location in midlands )

D

Deleted member 1147

Notts on the way there or home ;) And Ganton to the east if you fancy it. All exceptional in May too.
Maybe Notts, then Alwoodley/Moortown, Ganton, and Woodhall Spa/Forest Pines on the way back home.
wont that trip be a tad expensive?

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Alwoodley and Moortown have a tie up where you can play both, stay over nearby. Have a look on the Alwoodley website. Leeds area, loads of history, top heathland courses, within 2 hours of the Midlands.

https://www.alwoodley.co.uk/visitors/current-offers.php

If you want a 3rd course there are plenty of other cracking courses nearby as well.

Played Headingley yesterday - great course in fantastic condition. Not as good as Alwoodley but up there with Sand Moor/Moor Allerton.

Like LT said play one of the 2 mentioned and a cheaper round at any of the 3 I mentioned.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, suppose doing them all together like I suggested would be in the middle of summer. Lots of good deals to be had though if taking advantage of twilights etc.
Guess a bit of a mix and match with some cheaper 'in-betweeners' would probably be best. ;)

What's your budget and when are you planning on the trip?