Tyrell Hatton petulant?

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes. Wee brat. Love it when he comes on the telly cos I know he'll blow up when he misses a putt and make a t!t out of himself.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could't stand him early on in his career. Think I saw him first at the BMW PGA at Wentworth a few years back and just thought what a prat, I'd hate to be paired with him.

He did seem to calm down over the past year and actually stated to quite like him as he seemed to have turned his behaviour around.

After the weekend I'm firmly back to my 1st impression.

Speith is a bit like this as well, but not quite as bad, which is why I can't warm to him either.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
The kid has a bit of fire and personality to him

There are enough drones on the European tour

Agreed. The sport needs the personalities.
People like Beef, McIlroy who often says what he thinks, Paul Casey (who I often think is a pillock), Bubba, Sergio etc...

Watching the robotic types who are media trained isn't exactly thrilling.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Agreed. The sport needs the personalities.
People like Beef, McIlroy who often says what he thinks, Paul Casey (who I often think is a pillock), Bubba, Sergio etc...

Watching the robotic types who are media trained isn't exactly thrilling.

I would call someone like Beef a "personality" . Hatton is just an ignorant (Mod Edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Love seeing people with a bit of passion and fire in them.

These new robot golfers don't inspire me or make we want to sit and watch golf. Guys like big Monty drew crowds as there was always a chance to see a volcano. On another level but again different, Bubba does things his own way, has a knack of seeing things differently and not afraid to take on anything. Crowd pleasers and attractions.

Hatton, well I don't mind an occasional bit of passion and temper so it's a "yes" from me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pretty far off the mark! Back to back winner...

You could argue that it could have been three if he had kept that anger at bay at the British Masters. Can't argue with his current form and fair play to him. I'd be concerned though that it's a ticking clock all the time and hope this personality trait doesn't manifest if he gets into contention in a major and causes him to miss out or worse still in the RC and give the US something to play on

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You could argue that it could have been three if he had kept that anger at bay at the British Masters. Can't argue with his current form and fair play to him. I'd be concerned though that it's a ticking clock all the time and hope this personality trait doesn't manifest if he gets into contention in a major and causes him to miss out or worse still in the RC and give the US something to play on

He not as bad but Speith loves a whinge and a moan and he done well to manage it. I'd hope that after his last 3 outings of 2 wins and a miss his coaches etc would be setting in place some anger management sessions to help him control it more, even if it's internally rather than visually chucking a strop.

Can see why people don't like him because of his outbursts but I like to see that passion, not the green damaging but the disappointment in shots .

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can't be bothered playing with people like that, must be even worse putting up with his antics if you are playing with him on tour.

British or not I would hope he doesn't win a major if he continues to behave the way he does at present.

tigertot

Medal Winner
Visit site
He has won around 1.7 million euros in two weeks and probably secured his spot for Paris 2018. Got to play with him at Quinta do Lago, Algarve last year and he was a brilliant playing partner. Great sense of humour. Very down to earth. Brilliant golfer when seen up close. He is a passionate golfer who isn't scared to show some feelings on the course. Pity he let his annoyance at the quality of the greens show at Close House. I am sure this will get better as he gets more experienced. I expect him to win again soon.