Tyrell Hatton petulant?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I managed to watch plenty of the British Masters this weekend, but what struck me was the petulance of Hatton, banging his putter into the greens quite a bit. Is he always like it?
Someone needs to have a large word with him I would say.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally agree, beating himself over every shot that wasn't perfect.

As a chunerer myself, it was like looking in on yourself. It cannot help being in that frame of mind.

The poor caddie had an earful all weekend, I wonder if he ever has the balls to take him aside and tell him to get a grip?

D

Deleted member 15344

He has always been a passionate golfer showing his heart on his sleeve and when he gets frustrated he lets it get to him and shows it - it prob helped him not win but better that than some robot

Just needs to channel it better

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm more concerned with the banging into the greens with his putter. He never checked on the damage done, or showed any concern for his actions or those playing after him who's putt may have been affected by the possible damage he had caused.
It doesn't look good or show a good example to younger players and there can't be any defence of it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I thought it was by far the worst I'd seen him. He's always shown a little bit of passion for the game but the last few days he's been 1000% times worse. As a playing partner I'd have been telling him to cut the tantrums...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I posted on the Masters thread about this. I thought he played beautifully for 2 days and then was an absolute door handle for the next two and self destructed. He was in a great position to win but his own head threw it away. Pathetic for a pro, more so as he has been playing for a while now. The chuntering was embarrassing, damaging the green deserves a fine. The Sky commentators mentioned his behaviour a few times. He has the ability to be a really top player but boy does he need time with a sports psychologist.

I hope he looks back on footage of the coverage and is ashamed.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a playing partner I'd have been telling him to cut the tantrums...

Actually, would they be happy to see him self destruct because he talked himself out of the tournament? As long as they don't let his behaviour affect them they would probably be quite happy to see him do this.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now you are creating more fake controversy.

Him dabbing a spike mark in frustration is not effecting the next group on the green 10 minutes later
There was no "dabbing Down", as the commentary said at the time is was a full on putter stamp into the ground, and shouldn't be tolerated.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He clearly has issues and it's only going to hold him back and potentially get him in trouble with the authorities. I like the fact he wears his heart on his sleeve but he has understand when to reign it in and when it's damaging his golf on the course

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He must have caused a depression in the green at one point because I saw his putter shaft bend as he slammed it down.

Tiger man

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Little brat that needs a stern word. Plenty of ways to show your emotions without being detrimental to your fellow pro's and the course.