Two tips.....

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember playing there in the wind and rain and it was side ways ... shot of the day was a 2iron onto a short par 3 that was playing long! But that was when I could play the game. Now it would be a couple of shots and lots of lost balls

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I played there a couple of years ago in a pro am. Robert Rock was our pro. Par 5 into the wind, Driver, 3 wood, 3 wood, nowhere near. Made my 10 on that hole look epic.
????

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
1) Don't play Princes in the wind.

2) Don't play Princes in the wind off the back tees.

???????
We only played off the whites, not the real back tees !:eek:

Think the pin is still rattling from that putt you holed on the par 3.:)

Loved the two courses we played, especially the Shore in the sun.(y)

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I love playing princes, though that wind can be very brutal. Best time of year for me is Summer - that breeze is a welcomed when it's redders!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remember years ago Sky televised theh Oxford v Cambridge match from there. Suprised they could stand up.

Playing in the West Country on a part hill top course it is the days without wind you notice.

One of our par 5s (just 437 yards slightly uphill) was once driver , 3 wood , 3 wood and chip and run wedge and they were all good shots.

sunshine

Visit site
1) Don't play Princes in the wind.

2) Don't play Princes in the wind off the back tees.

???????

Did you really play off the back tees :eek:
The blue tees are 30-40 yards further back from the whites on every hole and some of them are brutal! I think the back tees are really only suitable for scratch or lower.
I'm playing there over the bank holiday and I'm hoping to play off the whites not blues!

D

Deleted member 25172

It's gonna be a lovely 2 days down at Princes this coming bank holiday weekend. I'll probably still play like a twit.

1622037409360.png