Two problems when teeing off, Help!

Kurt92

Club Champion
Visit site
Okay so I have 2 problems when I'm teeing off with my driver that I hope you can help me with. :mmm:

The first one is I keep hitting the ball on the heel end of the club face, it's not always a bad shot but I can feel the contact of the ball through the shaft and sometimes it just doesn't feel right. Is it just a case of getting onto the driving range and starting my swing with the ball lined up towards the toe end of the face and hoping it corrects through the compensation?

And the second problem I face is hitting it at the right height. I think the reason I have problems is for the last 12 months or so I've been using medium length tees and not driver tees, I think my swing has just adjusted to swinging low when using my driver. The flight of the ball using these tees are sometimes just too low. When using a driver-sized tee my ball can sometimes come right off the top of the club and into orbit. I've been using my 3w off the tee most of the time because I always get a good loft because of the always correct tee height.

Any ideas?

Cheers. :thup:

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
The first one is I keep hitting the ball on the heel end of the club face, it's not always a bad shot but I can feel the contact of the ball through the shaft and sometimes it just doesn't feel right. Is it just a case of getting onto the driving range and starting my swing with the ball lined up towards the toe end of the face and hoping it corrects through the compensation?

Cheers. :thup:

I know quite a few people that do this. Works for them and could work for you.

I line my driver up just off centre because when I come to impact it is the correct position and not the addressed position.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
What position do you have the ball? in regard to the front foot. It sounds as though it is to far back in your stance. This could also be why you are hitting from the heel as well.

Some one who knows more will most likely be along soon.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I did expect that to be suggested but I have the ball quite far forward actually :confused:

It will be different for different people, but for me at least when I get somebody to check my ball position with the driver, when they say it's opposite my left heel it actually feels like it outside my left foot.

If you don't know for certain then it's certainly worth checking with a friend or a couple of clubs laid on the ground, just to make sure.