TV Antenna Connection

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My daughters TV is in the opposite side of room from the roof aerial signal coaxial socket. For good reasons she does not want to have a coaxial cable running between the socket and the TV. Is there any way of making the antenna connection wirelessly?

[Apologies for the spelling errors in the subject line]

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My daughters TV is in the opposite side of room from the roof aerial signal coaxial socket. For good reasons she does not want to have a coaxial cable running between the socket and the TV. Is there any way of making the antenna connection wirelessly?

Sounds like you need a decoding box/transmitter near the socket and then transmit to the TV? I don't know if something like that exists.

RichA

Visit site
They exist, but I don't believe they're very good or as cheap as you'd expect. Search for a "wireless tv sender".

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it a smart TV ?
If not get a Chromecast or firestick and use the individual apps for terrestrial channels via WiFi.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

When I started reading this I had to check the date in case someone had resurrected a 15 year old thread!

Surely a firestick is the answer?

I recently got one (for nefarious reasons) and have found it really first class.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
She has a firestick and it’s a Smart TV, she was just hoping to have Freeview (as it’s a Sony it has YouView) as well…but isn‘t bothered if she can’t.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Firestick is a really good shout. It will likely need to be 'cracked' first, but this is very easy to do, plenty of instructions online.
Yup…👍

Just had a look a how she’d do it..getting Downloader first…though not sure whether she has to activate Developer mode first…one set of instructions suggested she would, the other I looked at not so. But I’ve only had a very quick look.