turning too early

m1975

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi, got problem with driving, seem to be turning body too soon and am starting to face target before actually hitting ball, i know i am doing it but like a real muppet can't seem to do anything about it, this is resulting in high fades with not too much distance, have always been a fader but now 30-40 yards less distance.
been in range to try and stop but can't....any tips to try and keep myself from getting too forward too quick ? cheers

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

What part of your body are you turning too quickly? I have read or seen something that says you can not turn your hips too quickly.

I love the feeling of leaving my arms behind with the driver, when they do catch up I hit it hard!!

A video might help if you have one.

m1975

Club Champion
Visit site
will try and get video, a mate filmed me on sat'day but on his phone, it looked like everything had gone through, def hips and arms were way behind, so if that is ok....must be a further problem,
irons fine still just the big stick.

A

Alex1975

will try and get video, a mate filmed me on sat'day but on his phone, it looked like everything had gone through, def hips and arms were way behind, so if that is ok....must be a further problem,
irons fine still just the big stick.

Nope, hips have to go, arms can come later.... its all about getting the hips(weight) though or you will play the ball of your back foot and lose alot of power.

BTW I am not a pro or a coach.