Turnberry Alisa 7/100

G1z1

Visit site
I played Alisa yesterday and managed to get round just before the rain started, it was actually quite a nice day some strong winds but better weather than I was expecting. The course itself was very nice with some of the best views I’ve seen on a golf course but the course itself although very nice just kind of left me slightly disappointed. I think I was just expecting more as it’s ranked the number one course in Scotland, in my opinion trump international is far superior and would love to hear peoples opinions that have played both ? I found the first 3 holes quite average then it did get better with 9 and 11 great par 3s but finished the round just honestly expecting better. Also managed to get round in +14 so for me that was a great score on a course I hadn’t played before. Overall had a great time very nice course some nice food and love the hotel and spa so will be coming back at some point in the summer and another one ticked off the top 100 course in Scotland 7/100 only 93 more to go :)
61C68DCA-0422-4FC8-9F4F-ED3511673AE0.jpegD6EC979B-9159-4C17-A21E-6E3F2C9E7547.jpeg3F458167-1454-414F-9EC8-9F68CDFF7BD4.jpegE6D5C644-BD4A-4869-A861-A9EE9028C112.jpeg37D2088E-6B58-45A6-8343-9DD37E9B1D9F.jpeg11E1D7B1-7F1E-4015-9DE7-715531142EFF.jpeg8E908858-454C-4982-94E8-44C3CF140641.jpeg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The quality of a course is always subjective and when somewhere is always in the top 3 of best courses list then your expectations going in are sky high. Always hard to match those in reality. When I played it I had not played an equivalent level course and so it blew me away. The whole set up, hotel, clubhouse, staff, practice ground, course, conditiioning, views etc. I'm pleased you enjoyed it still. Whilst it may not be your number 1 course it is still a special place. Not a bad way to spend a day or two :D

Have you played at Gleneagles yet? If not, that is something to look forward to as you go through your list.

G1z1

Visit site
The quality of a course is always subjective and when somewhere is always in the top 3 of best courses list then your expectations going in are sky high. Always hard to match those in reality. When I played it I had not played an equivalent level course and so it blew me away. The whole set up, hotel, clubhouse, staff, practice ground, course, conditiioning, views etc. I'm pleased you enjoyed it still. Whilst it may not be your number 1 course it is still a special place. Not a bad way to spend a day or two :D

Have you played at Gleneagles yet? If not, that is something to look forward to as you go through your list.
Yes I think I just built it up too much, it was a great course.
I’ve not played gleneagles I have had overnights but that was before I took up golf. I’ll probably do a two night stay in the summer and play the 3 course as there all on the top 100.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes I think I just built it up too much, it was a great course.
I’ve not played gleneagles I have had overnights but that was before I took up golf. I’ll probably do a two night stay in the summer and play the 3 course as there all on the top 100.
I've played the Queens and Kings and loved them both. I've not managed to play the PGA but I am less bothered about that one. The Kings is my favourite course full stop, anywhere. The hotel is stunning, better even than Turnberry imo, but the prices have shot up in the last 12 months. If you decide to save a bit of money there are alternatives nearby which should not reduce the enjoyment of the experience.

It sounds like a great and very enjoyable challenge you have set yourself.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I totally agree with your assessment. First few ok, then a stretch of maybe 8-10 superb holes, followed by some not so, with the exception of 16 which was a personal favourite.

I think it was give or take the same time of year when the forum jaunt was up there. It was cold, horrible loss of feeling cold. 21 of my 28 pts coming after the much welcomed pit stop at the lighthouse ?