Turn vs Slide

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube;90l5W-au9ME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90l5W-au9ME[/video]

I cant find the video but its the playing lesson with holly sonders where Louis says he has to get the feeling of his shoulders leading the downswing. otherwise his swing is way out.

I tried this at the range with the driver the other day with some good results.

my swing starts with the lower half, knees drive, hips spin out and leave the top half way behind.

I think the above video shows you can play good golf as long as you get the right sequence for you. id take lee,louis and pauls swing any day over my one. :rofl:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If I focus on rotating my weight forward, as described in the above article, my arms drop nicely into the slot as they have plenty of space. My shoulders at impact are also in a better position (Square/very fractionally open).

That seems the way to do it then!

Though I'd suggest that, once grooved, you forget focusing on that - unless it's wht makes you sing best.

Better, imo, to focus on what you are trying to do with the shot and let the body sort out how, than to concentrate on the mechanics of 'how'. That (fighting the unconscious brain) is a battle that can't be won!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
That seems the way to do it then!

Though I'd suggest that, once grooved, you forget focusing on that - unless it's wht makes you sing best.

Better, imo, to focus on what you are trying to do with the shot and let the body sort out how, than to concentrate on the mechanics of 'how'. That (fighting the unconscious brain) is a battle that can't be won!

Possibley so Foxy.

I'm off the the range at lunch to see how th ball flies with this method and, if it indeed, rids me of my bad shot.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Right.

Fresh back from the range, focusing on pretty much rotaing my weight forward, with minimal slide.

Results.

Excellent contact, with a lovely stable flight. Out of 25 balls I only hit 2 of my bad shot (Pull) and 3 pushes.

The rest we'r, pretty much, where I was aiming.

Issue resolved..... For now.

Thank you all for your input on this :thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Out of 25 balls I only hit 2 of my bad shot (Pull) and 3 pushes.

1 in 5 shots didn't go where you want, that's a 20% miss.... With 14 fairways to hit and 18 'approaches' I've calculated that'll put you off about 14 h/cap ;) ;) ;)

Ok, I didn't really calculate anything, forum sigs are sooooo handy :rofl:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
1 in 5 shots didn't go where you want, that's a 20% miss.... With 14 fairways to hit and 18 'approaches' I've calculated that'll put you off about 14 h/cap ;) ;) ;)

Ok, I didn't really calculate anything, forum sigs are sooooo handy :rofl:

:thup:

Now to find something else to moan about :rofl: