Trumps Aberdeen course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It's always worth reading the article - especially if it's on a dweeb.b.c website

Basically the guy has gone to Trump with Scottish ministers with a plan for an Open venue - Trump has stumped up some money, it hasn't become an Open venue and Trump hasn't stumped up the rest of the money...

Mr Hobday, who has managed golf stars such as Colin Montgomerie and Sam Torrance, was instrumental in persuading Mr Tump to build the new course in Scotland.
Leafing through a Sunday newspaper in 2005, his eyes had lit up at an article suggesting Donald Trump was considering expanding his business empire in Europe.
"I thought, oh well, he's into golf and he's into property and development and he's half Scottish - maybe I should give him a call," he explained.
Within months he was standing in Mr Trump's office in New York, flanked by Scottish government officials, making the case for investing in a golf course capable of hosting The Open in Aberdeenshire.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had to laugh at the quote of the main guy in the piece, 'he fooled me, he fooled all of Scotland '. Errrmmmm, no he didn't. Didn't you see the protests?

It's a classic developers trick, promise everything, deliver a fraction. In fact the fraction you only intended to ever deliver but couldn't say that as it would not get past the planners. It happens over and over.......and they still fall for it.

Springveldt

Visit site

The Lion

Visit site
He and his vile family should be stripped of all their assets in these islands.

The crimes, the dodgy money, the fascism…all reasons they’re not fit and proper people to run what are key national enterprises.

Springveldt

Visit site
Surely there must be someone younger than these 2 old codgers that could do the job.
Scary thing is Bill Clinton is younger than both of them and he was President 32 years ago.

It’s ridiculous that they have 2 guys who will be 82 and 78 running for President. Nearly any other job in the world you would have been forced retire at those ages.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Scary thing is Bill Clinton is younger than both of them and he was President 32 years ago.

It’s ridiculous that they have 2 guys who will be 82 and 78 running for President. Nearly any other job in the world you would have been forced retire at those ages.

If I was an American voter, I'd like to see the rules changed so that Obama could be Biden's VP next term

Status
Not open for further replies.