Trolley Advice

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I had mentioned on previous posts, I had been having problems with the brake on my Powacaddy push trolley. After a few emails the company finally came good by admitting that there were problems with heavy bags on steeper hills and arranged a full refund.

Problem is I now need to find a suitable replacement. The obvious solution is to switch to a pull trolley as that will not run away but I prefer to push if possible.

I am looking at the Clicgear trolleys and the Sun mountain and wondered whether anyone has any experience of them.

Those options are a bit pricey so was also wondering if anyone has any cheaper suggestions. Have seen one on ebay that appears similar and goes for about £40.00 but no idea if that is a false economy.

As always, any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm in the same boat m8..... the twin line 3... the break is appalling! but like you i prefer to push but the research i did put it top of the picks.
I'm now looking at going down the electric powakaddy route. just so expensive though.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the Twinline 3 and just ignore the brake as I like it in all other respects. (Just park carefully!) though I agree it's a fault.
My friend has a Clickgear and loves it. I think it looks a bit odd as it's v. upright but it performs very well and is v. compact when folded down. After 1 year (admittedly playing less than me) she has no complaints and I think she got it for under £100 new.
AliB

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks, unfortunately not looking for a powered trolley. My wife has a GoKart that is great and I use that when the mood takes me.

The issue with my course is that ther are many places where the fairway slopes both forward and to the side and if the brake slips then there is a mad dash to catch your clubs (happened to me a fair few times despite careful parking).

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately it doesn't help one bit on the price front but as always you get what you pay for and the only person I know who has one absolutely swears by his sun mountain v1 push trolley. If funds permit it is well worth a look.

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/navproduct...V1-Push-Trolley (I should think you could find it for nearer the £100 mark if you shopped around)

Perhaps a more price friendly option would be the Motocaddy push trolley I don't know anybody that uses it but I should think it's pretty good. I have never seen one in the flesh though so I am not too sure.

http://www.americangolf.co.uk/navproduct...te-Pull-Trolley

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
No Homer, I just have one of their trolleys and so does a m8.

Can't fault them in any way from buying to receiving and using it.

Andy

Bossman96

Club Champion
Visit site
Seems a bit extreme to buy a new trolley just because the brake is not good. I have a Twinline 3 and can't fault it apart from this. I just do as previously suggested and park it carefully.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems a bit extreme to buy a new trolley just because the brake is not good. I have a Twinline 3 and can't fault it apart from this. I just do as previously suggested and park it carefully.

It is not extreme if your course is hilly and you need the brake to ensure your clubs remain where you leave them. In any event, have received a full refund so just looking to try a diferrent brand as opposed to persevering with something that will not do what I need it to.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been considering a motocaddy S1.....like the powered one, supposedly without the battery and gubbins.

I don't know anything about posh trolleys.....If I'm not feeling in the mood to carry, I tend to use a sports world £12.00 special.....which works just fine, with my Callaway carry bag (that seems impossible to carry).

For now, I'm more than happy with my Ping Voyage bag, even with 13 clubs, it's not that heavy.

I had offered to buy a twinline off a GM forumer who hasn't been on for about 2 months....I didn't realise they had dodgy brakes......

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
By way of an update, I decided to bite the bullet and bought a Clic Gear trolley. Decided that going for a cheaper option would be a false economy. I did, however, buy last years model as it was a good £40 cheaper.

So far the results have been good. Took me a while to learn how to fold and unfold it but once you learn the procedure then it is easy. Build quality is superb, feels like an upright mountain bike. The brake, which was the main concern, is superb. It has a proper brake as you would find on a bike and is locked on and off by a leaver on the handle. Also has plenty of storage in a magnetic box and a useful bit of velcro on the handle to stick a glove 2.

Has been out for 2 rounds now and I am very happy, easy to push and the tyres stop any excessive bumping around.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
By way of an update, I decided to bite the bullet and bought a Clic Gear trolley. Decided that going for a cheaper option would be a false economy. I did, however, buy last years model as it was a good £40 cheaper.

So far the results have been good. Took me a while to learn how to fold and unfold it but once you learn the procedure then it is easy. Build quality is superb, feels like an upright mountain bike. The brake, which was the main concern, is superb. It has a proper brake as you would find on a bike and is locked on and off by a leaver on the handle. Also has plenty of storage in a magnetic box and a useful bit of velcro on the handle to stick a glove 2.

Has been out for 2 rounds now and I am very happy, easy to push and the tyres stop any excessive bumping around.

WOW! That is one serious bit of kit

For anyone interested (and I count myself in that) here's the full sp.

http://www.clicgear.com/

Just check out the vids. (and turn the volume down unless the drawl doesn't bother you)

This must be about as good as it gets for non-powered trolleys. Pricey at a tonne forty but probably worth it.

BillyG

p.s I don't own one (just have a broken Masters cheapo), have a marketing deal with the company, own shares in it, ever heard of the company before etc. etc.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was not quite as bad as £140.00. Managed to find a 2007 model locally so paid nearer £100.00. At only £16.00 more than I got refunded for my Twinline 3 I am not unhappy with the deal.