Trigger Finger, does anyone else experience it?

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well after 6 months of playing and group lessons and individual lessons just recently it seems I may have found out why I have trigger finger, (little finger locks up in the closed position overnight and is stiff). It looks like because of my ample stomach, my clubs were too far away from me when I swung and put pressure on my wrists and left hand little finger. After loosing 3.5 stone recently my pro (who I have just started lessons with again) has pulled my hands in about four inches, my swing has completely changed and the pressure on my wrists has gone. Does anyone else have a grip related injury?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have tendonitis in both hands, fingers can be stiff first thing (sometimes trigger finger too) and also some time after playing.
I'm pretty sure it's related to taking up golf late but not much I can do about unless I have an operation (I could have got the physio's advice out of a cracker!).
it's caused by either inflammation of the tendons or by nodules on the tendons catching on the sheath that they run through. if you have the op they slit the opening of the sheath.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had it and the op.

Piece of piss.

Was also thought the build up of shite on the tendon was sugar related, being diabetic but this has been binned.

Andy

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well still waiting to see the doc, I thought it may sort itself out but nothing improved over the winter with no golf for a month, so hence the doctors visit, should be interesting to see what happens, if he is a golfer maybe I will get looked after, if not maybe I will be told to give up. :(

Diamond

Visit site
Found this post from a while back. I suffer from stiff fingers at night and in the morning. The little finger on my left hand is worse and can be clicky. During the day and when playing golf I am fine. Just wondered if anyone had this and whether it is grip related or whether I can change to a thicker grip or any supplements that may help.