Tried the Callaway ft-i

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
After my earlier thread regarding the ft-i, I finally got round to testing one tonight. 11 degree, regular with Neutral bias.

Very impressive, in fact I may even go as far as to say awesome! Hit 50 balls with varying swings and attempts at "giving the ball a sore arse". Of the 50 I reckon 42-43 would have been on the short stuff.

I was also impressed by the fact I didn't buy it there and then, I was really wanting to try the draw bias, but they didn't have one. Does anyone have any experience of the difference between neutral and draw?

I did manage to shape a few fades and draws with it. Think it's safe to say I'll have one in the bag for the weekend! :D

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steve, If you can shape the ball why would you want a draw bias?,

I'm not a fan of weighted clubs, for my money, stick with the neutral and then you will know where your swing is failing if you start to leak shots left and right.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
I know Junior, just a thinking of a little extra "protection"!
Think I will get the neutral version.

Master card, prepared to get roasted (again)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone know if Callaway have an 'update' version for next year that may bring the price of this year's model down in the near future?

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
MikeH said he had a Tour version and it goes like a rocket.

Think it only comes with 8.5 degree loft doesn't it? Too steep for me, I need 11, 10 at a push.

Going to pick it up tomorrow, and try it in anger on Sunday, I'll report back with results afterwards!!

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Good luck with the new driver.

I was fitted for mine at the St Andrews centre and am now playing the 8.5 degree tour model. Not looked back since.

Hope the first bash in anger goes well, let us know how you get on.