Tried my new clubs out last night....

jcooper5083

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

I finally got round to trying my brand new clubs out last night on the range. as you may remember I took delivery direct from a friend at Taylormade of a full set of R11 irons ( 4 - 9 + PW/SW), R11S driver, R11S 4 wood, R11S rescue and white ghost putter at a quarter of the retail price.

All I can say is they are amazing.

The irons are solid, give plenty of feedback and have unreal distance, control and launch angles. The driver is insane - I know I will need to do some adjustments with the loft and weight but for the time being leaving it in neutral to play a bit with it to make absolutely sure of the adjustments needed and the rescue and wood are fantastic.

I really couldn't get over the distance and feel of the irons, I moved to stiff shafts from regular but still they are a million times better than my old R7 set.

The driver was very easy to hit, lightweight but with enough there to feel like you still have a club in your hands, great feel on contact, super launch angle and amazing distance, a very smooth and easy club to use giving me more confidence in my driving.

I need to play a little more with the wood and rescue as didn't hit a great deal with them (got carried away with the irons and driver) but the rescue certainly provided a lot of distance and control off the mat which was nice to have and had a good weight to it, felt like I had the 4 iron in my hands which made the transition between the irons and rescue very easy.

not only all that but they are shinny and new :)

I just need to make the decision on the ATV or XFT lob wedge now as he is going to give me one of them for free - advice welcome.

Thanks for all the advice I received in choosing the clubs, greatly appreciated - just looking forward to my first round on Sunday now.