Trackman Results vs On Course Results

Hoganman1

Visit site
I've been playing a 10.5 Rogue for the past year. I've been going back and forth with hosel settings and R and A shafts trying to find more distance. I'm almost 70 and have a torn rotator cuff that limits my distance off the tee. Finally, I had a pro put me on Trackman. The numbers were best using the stock R shaft and set at 10.5 Draw. However, since then my drives have been awful. Out of frustration, I pulled out my old Ping G25 with the stock R shaft and set it at 11*. After getting used to it I had some of my best drives of the year. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Maybe the Ping just is a better fit for me even though it's over five years old.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Trackman won't be wrong!

The key words in the OP were 'after getting used to it'!

As Homer i, Trackman only shows results for the club/shaft/swing combo used. It'll almost certainly show different (possibly better) results to the 11* Ping.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Great points. I get it that Trackman cannot be wrong.I shouldn't have made that the title of my post. It only reflects results. I guess my point was that it puzzled me why the "on course" results with the Rogue were so poor after Trackman seemed to indicate that setting and shaft were best for me. I only brought up the Ping results because they were so much better. I probably should get back on Trackman with the Ping.
Thanks for your input.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You may just be hitting the sweetspot better with the Ping which will certainly be a big factor in distance

Hoganman1

Visit site
You may just be hitting the sweetspot better with the Ping which will certainly be a big factor in distance
Great point. I think the Ping shaft is 1/2" shorter than the Callaway. You're absolutely right about solid contact and distance. Thanks for your input.