Tour de France

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great effort from the two leaders today. The climb to the finish looked brutal.

Will need a mighty effort from Pogacar to make any significant ground tomorrow.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cracking stage again, Thomas been superb and hes 5 minutes behind the 2 at the top!!!

Looks done now, lets hope Im wrong and tomorrows stage is something special. Whatever happens, the 2 at the top been exceptional

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The time trial on saturday isn't long enough for Pogacar to put that kinf of time into Vingegard so it has to be all out attack today. Glad I'm off work today should be a classic!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The time trial on saturday isn't long enough for Pogacar to put that kinf of time into Vingegard so it has to be all out attack today. Glad I'm off work today should be a classic!

Yeh, i am trying desperatly to keep my schedule free! Im on dual screens and just started Eurosport on 2nd screen! Can't wait!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
JV has been another level this tour, I wonder the impact the decimation of the UAE team had on Pog.. Geraint has had a brilliant tour, and at his age against the new crop he has held his own well. Tom Pidcock's stage at Alpe Du Huez for me was just wow, the descending, the climbing, that lad has an extremely bright future (with a cycloX world champs and Olympic gold already!)

Wout VA though, he is an animal, and i reckon with some work he could be a GC contender for sure, he has the ability for it all.

Loved it!! for the past few years the Giro has been my fav watch, but this year TDF has been next level!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wout VA though, he is an animal, and i reckon with some work he could be a GC contender for sure, he has the ability for it all.

!

For me he lacks that explosive acceleration in the mountains that set apart the GC boys. Although having said that Big Mig didn't really have it either and did ok by just grinding people down

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
For me he lacks that explosive acceleration in the mountains that set apart the GC boys. Although having said that Big Mig didn't really have it either and did ok by just grinding people down

I think they could train him for that though, he has the raw power, they just need to tune him. Watch this space i reckon!

Springveldt

Visit site
Agreed. I think a guy like WVA would probably need to ride the mountains like Indurain or Wiggins, just set a high tempo and time trial his way up there. I'm not convinced he will ever be a GC man in a grand tour.

I love to see a pure climber winning the Tour, Vingegaard has been amazing in the mountains. I'm not saying he's a bad ITT (like Pantani) but he's no Indurain, Armstrong, Contador, Wiggins or Froome either who you expected to win or be top 3 at worse in all the ITT as well.