TopTracer Everywhere

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I mostly practice down at Drayton, I hope its well used for the folks running the range but doesn't do anything for me really!! Someone mentioned that Witney were getting it installed as well.

Yes it is in Witney. I was at Drayton today and currently you can still choose with or without TopTracer, unlike at Witney.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Wondered up to my local range this evening at Pine Ridge. I was shocked to see that they have increased the price for 60 balls from £4.50 to £7.90 as a result of top tracer. Walked straight out of the pro shop. Surely not good for encouraging people into the game...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wondered up to my local range this evening at Pine Ridge. I was shocked to see that they have increased the price for 60 balls from £4.50 to £7.90 as a result of top tracer. Walked straight out of the pro shop. Surely not good for encouraging people into the game...

I have seen local ranges increasing prices but not to that extent. No way would I pay that much for 60 balls

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
My local range installed it 2 years ago, prices promptly went up. It was entertaining for the first 2 or 3 times but I've long since been using a basic range out of principle this range actually has a much better outfield anyway. not paying £9 for 100 balls, not when I can get 100 for £6

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
For the quality of balls and matts, £4.50 was expensive enough!

Downshire is the place to go around that way, works out around £2.75 for 60 balls on a loyalty card - and they also have happy hour twice a day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
For the quality of balls and matts, £4.50 was expensive enough!

Downshire is the place to go around that way, works out around £2.75 for 60 balls on a loyalty card - and they also have happy hour twice a day.

Not sure where Birdie2 is but agree that Downshire as a basic range is decent enough although it can get a lot of kids in there especially after school so can get noisy if you want to really focus. That said, good to see so many using it. I tend to go to Lavender Park and use their Toptracer for basic figures and have a range card so simply top it up periodically. To be honest I only use Downshire or Lavender Park to work on lesson drills or to simply keep the swing ticking over so Toptracer isn't a be all and end all. Not long now until I can get to the club again and hit off grass

sunshine

Visit site
Not sure where Birdie2 is but agree that Downshire as a basic range is decent enough although it can get a lot of kids in there especially after school so can get noisy if you want to really focus. That said, good to see so many using it. I tend to go to Lavender Park and use their Toptracer for basic figures and have a range card so simply top it up periodically. To be honest I only use Downshire or Lavender Park to work on lesson drills or to simply keep the swing ticking over so Toptracer isn't a be all and end all. Not long now until I can get to the club again and hit off grass

Great to practise with all the kids and noise, really helps you to learn to block out distractions. Tiger's dad used to shout things at him during his swing to try and put him off. You don't want to be that player who is always complaining about things putting him off. PG Wodehouse was spot on when he talked about a partner "missing short putts because of the uproar of the butterflies in the adjoining meadow."

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Our local driving range has great pepper steak sandwiches.
That's what interests me.
What's TopTracer?

It’s a ball tracker like Trackman. It’s used on a lot of ranges over here for direct access by the punters. So you get a screen in your bay, and can use it for tracking shots, gapping, nearest the flag competitions and stuff.

sunshine

Visit site
Our local driving range has great pepper steak sandwiches.
That's what interests me.
What's TopTracer?

Do you ever watch the PGA Tour golf on tv where they have a coloured line that "traces" the flight of the ball? Allows you to better see the trajectory and provides data on carry distance etc. Lots of ranges now have these screens so you can see your own shots.

Sully

Visit site
I’m a huge fan of TT. I have one in my local range. They have 45 bays and they’re packed. One of the staff said their takings has rocketed since they installed it.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
I’m a huge fan of TT. I have one in my local range. They have 45 bays and they’re packed. One of the staff said their takings has rocketed since they installed it.

They have it the range I go to, but it’s charged at £8 an hour on top of your range balls, so I never use it.

Sully

Visit site
They have it the range I go to, but it’s charged at £8 an hour on top of your range balls, so I never use it.
Ouch!!
£7 for 50 balls, £8 for 75 or £9 for 100 at mine. TT included .

That’s with auto tees and heated bays (not all are heated) .
Discounted on top if you buy top ups in bulk too - you can get up to 30% off.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
A lot of comments on here about the cost, and guys not being prepared to pay extra for TT, but doesn't using it enhance the benefits of a range session, giving you more feedback on shots and make practice more meaningful?
I have recently moved to an area where there is a TT range nearby. Haven't used it yet but fancy giving it a go to look at distances through the bag. I know its range balls, but I also use Game Golf so I have a rough idea, albeit total distance vs carry.
How big a difference is it between TT and, say, Trackman, which I have used previously (but is far more expensive to hire/use than TT).

RangeMonkey

Visit site
A lot of comments on here about the cost, and guys not being prepared to pay extra for TT, but doesn't using it enhance the benefits of a range session, giving you more feedback on shots and make practice more meaningful?
I have recently moved to an area where there is a TT range nearby. Haven't used it yet but fancy giving it a go to look at distances through the bag. I know its range balls, but I also use Game Golf so I have a rough idea, albeit total distance vs carry.
How big a difference is it between TT and, say, Trackman, which I have used previously (but is far more expensive to hire/use than TT).

I need to figure out how to make contact with the ball before TT would be any use.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
There’s 2 ranges near me that have TT but between them they have 2 bays that us special people can use so it’s pot luck if you can get on them

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My nearest range now has it, and yes the prices have gone up (£10 for 100 balls the biggest bucket if you want).
I never do that many balls at a range in one go, and wouldnt even think about it when it is just "range balls", with all the inherent crap that goes with them.