topping the ball

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Question for Bob regarding this......

I know that you shouldn't have your chin on your chest but in the pic BB seems to be looking down his nose at the ball. This seems to me to encourage the head to be bobbing all over the place during the swing and could contribute to the tops/ thins etc......in your experience is there any merit in that??

I know that if he improved his posture and sharpened up his angles then he would have his head in a better position naturally.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Question for Bob regarding this......

I know that you shouldn't have your chin on your chest but in the pic BB seems to be looking down his nose at the ball. This seems to me to encourage the head to be bobbing all over the place during the swing and could contribute to the tops/ thins etc......in your experience is there any merit in that??

I know that if he improved his posture and sharpened up his angles then he would have his head in a better position naturally.

I'd rather he wasn't aiming 40yrds right of the flag....

Chin up or chin neutral is an argument that appears to roll on and on... however, chin down is a big no-no...

...unless you're stack and tilt :p :p :p

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
My topped shots are usually caused by me chasing after the ball and getting ahead of myself.
I don't hit many tops. My bad shot is fat.
Just don't ask me to tell you how fat
:( :( :( :(

Take light in the fact your not alone Smiffy :D
Mine is also a Fat.....So much so id do less damage with a spade or fork if i was digging the garden for worms. :D :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Take light in the fact your not alone Smiffy :D
Mine is also a Fat.....So much so id do less damage with a spade or fork if i was digging the garden for worms. :D :D :D

I've heard that a fatted shot is as close to a perfect shot that you can get without it actually being perfect.
;)

BigBoppa

topgolflessons.blogspot.com
By the look of your alignment, your feet are aiming well right and your shoulders are aiming on target. This would cause you to top the ball and to hit it fat with your shorter irons. And I bet you sometimes have a really nasty hook with mainly your long irons and also pushing your tee shots to the right with maybe a big slice. Am I right?
If so, set up as if you were taking a normal shot and place a club on the ground just in front of your feet so the club is just touching your toes. Than stand back and see were the club is aiming. If it is aiming right, move the club to aim where you want your shot to go and then stand to make the shot again but standing in-line with the club.
This may feel weird at first but keep at it and you will improve a lot.
Also, when you are making your back swing, don't pick the club up at the start of your back swing. Take the club back nice and low and swing with a consistent tempo. back...then...through. Not to fast.
I hope that helps ;)