Too much golf

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Wondering how much golf you play per week and how your body copes/recovers, as many might know I just joined a club 2 weeks ago and since iv been trying to play almost every day I can, iv played 6 rounds in 15 days and iv been fine I played yesterday and I could really feel my body starting to struggle, I was just going to push through and play today but I'm not so sure now,

D

Deleted member 21258

Late forties and if I play 4 times in a week(on holiday), then my body, hands ache a lot and generally feel pooped!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm 39 and thought I'd be OK but my ankles and back are a bit sore, I was thinking it would go away eventually if I push through,

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
occasionally do 5 or 6 games in a row and after that really need a rest. i can get away with 3 on the trot, but try and take a rest after that if i can. I'm in my 50's

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Most I've played is seven rounds in six days. By the sixth round I was bored of golf and on the 7th I was both bored and knackered. Playing tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, which will be the longest "streak" in a while.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I play as often as possible and generally carry.

Would say most I've done is probably 12 rounds in a fortnight. Was probably more mentally fatigued than physically.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I was on a golf trip last week and played 5 days in a row, I would have happily carried on for another couple of days. I'm 57 years old and I was walking the courses.

D

Deleted member 15344

Regularly play 6 days in a row but on plenty of occasions go up to 8/10 , my record is 14 days I think :D

Quiet happy play everyday :D

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Have played loads in the past two months, my body is in need of recovery, 6 of the past 7 days I've played 18, playing tomorrow then that's me for at least 10 days but will probably go chipping and putting but no full or half rounds.

D

Deleted member 3432

Having to work and a young family means too much golf is not going to be a worry for me. Will be lucky to get 15 rounds in this season, which will be more than the last 4 years.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I think the longest stretch for me was 6 days in a row on holiday (and I even carried for most of that, only on the last day I rented a push trolley). If I remember correctly it was only 9 holes on two of those days, though.

Normally I don't like to play on two consecutive days, though. I play much better if I have a rest day in between.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No idea, only play once a week with maybe a few extra holes here and there during the summer. I imagine I'd be in too much pain after 3-4 days to do much more anyway.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm 30, though a rugby retiree post 2 knee ops. Most I've played was last week where I played 6 rounds in 5 days, carrying each day. Started to get a tad sore in the back muscles after the 4th of 6, but fine once on the course.

Had to stop the run because I had a stag do over the weekend, after which I've been a lot sorer than any amount of golf could do to me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Usually play once a week at the weekend. Sometimes play two days in a row (say, both days on the weekend) and that is more than enough for me. If I went to three days in a row I imagine my hands and feet would be aching. And I'm only 31 by the way.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm 71 & two consecutive days is no problem Three & I'm very sore so I try to avoid. Last week, start of my busy time, I played Thursday, Sunday & worked Friday, Saturday. A bit too much but my trolley gave up the ghost six holes into Sunday's round & probably saved me. After I've played Friday & Saturday I take it very easy on the Sunday, much to the wife's disgust because she wants me working in the garden.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I try to play once a week,maybe twice.
I put my son before golf.
Plenty of time to play more when he’s older,hopefully he’ll get the bug soon.