Too much golf

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Not long back in and I'm feeling it I think I'll start one day on one day off type of play so I have the window of recovery time, its the hills if it was a flat course I think I'd be fine

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I long ago reached the age when two days in row was out the question. These days trips to the range a very rare thing and I just about manage some pitching and chipping practice on the odd occasion.

I play 2-3 times a week and often have a week or so with no play at all, just to rest the body.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I play 2 comps a year with 36 holes in one day. Happy not to see the course for a week after them.

Rarely manage more than 1 round a week under normal circumstances, so not an issue I face.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When I lost my job a decade ago I was out of work for about eight months, just as the summer started. Played every afternoon after working hard on chasing agencies, looking online, making calls etc. As I had a decent redundancy I wasn't busting a gut too much but had to make it look like I was trying to HID. Got into a swing of things and didn't struggle with the body feeling it or ever getting bored. Not sure I could do more than five days at a push now though

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Blimey there's some unfit chaps on here ;);) A week ago got back from Scotland where we played 6 days on the bounce , drove home with the caravan last Tuesday over 8 hours worth. Worked two day mowing lawns then played 27 holes scratch golf Friday and two 18 holes the weekend , nay bad for a nearly 59 er :D

Oh and 18 holes tomorrow in the Fiddle and then 2 hours lawn mowing

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends on the course, mines is quite hilly so normally we only play 9 or 10 holes the day before a medal. But this week we played 11 holes Monday, 18 today in our Tuesday medal.

Tomorrow, Wednesday were of to play in the Buchanan Castle seniors 4bbb.
Then maybe 9 holes on Thursday and hopefully 18 in our Friday medal .
Then home to relax in a hot bubbly Jacuzzi and a few Brandies .
BTW I'm 71 and had a hard life lol: cheers:

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd play 7 days a week, 365 days a year if I could!

In all seriousness, I've played loads in the last few weeks and I feel the pain of 'over golfing'. I tend to find a break in between every 3 rounds helps me. I typically play 4/5 times a week during the summer months

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played a 36 hole Comp on Saturday then 18 on Sunday by which time my feet were hurting a bit. I would happily go out again though if time/ life allowed.
I reckon I would get golfed out after 4 days playing my home course but if on tour I can’t see me getting fed up at all.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I began playing golf just over four years ago and play at least several times a week throughout the year. I played eight days in a row in April and played the sixth day straight today with comps arranged for tomorrow and Thursday. I am 72, and playing consecutive days is not the problem, it's starting again after a two day break that I find hard as muscle flexibility disappears very quickly.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
driving range on Friday night....100 balls;Saturday Medal(absolute rubbish),Sunday 18 holes(punishment for Saturday...not much better)
12 holes Monday night(lovely weather,one over par gross...chipped in twice...hate this game!!!),putting tonight plus maybe 50 balls into nets with about 45 perfect....still carrying bag,,feeling good,the exercising is working as I'm in my 60's.
Thank goodness I'm off to the sunshine though because while the body is doing well the head is mince!!!!!
See you all in 2 weeks,play well all of you!
Jimbo

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have played 19 rounds in 11 days on holiday in Florida last November.
The others played 20 but I had a day off.
Absolutly shattered when I got home , I am 60yrs old and have told them I can’t do it anymore .
We have done this for years 36 holes a day , in buggies but it’s still a lot.

Never touched the clubs for two weeks when I came home.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
On our annual trip we play twice a day and once on Sunday - ie 11 rounds in 6 days. At our age (60) we are starting to find that pretty tiring and may well cut back by a round or two this year.

But based on that, l think l could happily play once per day, every day, for quite a while. Would l get bored? Possibly but at present l think unlikely.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I will play 4 rounds this week plus an all day session with GM yesterday at the London Club, with tuition, and lots of range hitting. I probably, at 65, wouldn't want any more than that

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In the mid 90's (when I was in my 40's) used to go to Scotland for a week and play two rounds a day for 6 days. Carrying.
Was completely shot by the end of the week, only thing that kept me going was the fact that we played different courses every day so you had something new to look forward to each trip out.
I'm knackered if I play two rounds in two days now......:mad:
I can manage 36 a day if I'm in a buggy though (as I will be at Cooden).

D

Deleted member 23344

I’m 67 and always walk the course. This year and last year I played three days in a row on a golf break. I found that, on both occasions, I felt marginally better after the third round than the first. Not sure that I would risk committing to much more than three days though.