Too cold for a streaker?

B

birdieman

Need something to liven up this rather dour fare from Birkdale. I fear a streaker is out of the question due to the inclement weather. Forecast is worse for tomorrow too :) but not a lot else to get excited about.
The tv pictures aren't doing a lot to sell our country to viewers from abroad are they? :eek:
All the majors are becoming too difficult, the Masters has lost it's charm, the US Open, despite being better this year, is often dull as dishwater with a birdie about as common as a pair of sunglasses at Birkdale! Now we in the UK are joining in with another Major bogeyfest with groans from the crowd all you hear as yet another 15' par putt slides by. :(
Something needs to be done to put some joy back in the game!! Doesn't it??? :D
ps what a contrast with Hoylake 2 years ago!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am also getting bored, went to the gym came back and the leader board is still the same............. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Could always get drunk watching it, dare you to do a shot for every bogey from now until 7.15 + drink 4 fingers of a can of larger for every "get it in the hole"

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm actually sadistically enjoying watching the top guys struggle to get it round (plus I've McDowell Garcia and Furyk in my dream team handily placed - just need Westwood to get the putter to work)

I think personally it is the same old problem of dry presentation by the BBC that is the issue for me. Brown, Allis and Torrance doing OK but everyone else sending me to watch the cricket. I wish they could get the likes of Boxall Murray, Critchley and particularly "radar" Riley

B

birdieman

Livening up a bit now, Harrington, Duval, Choi making some progress in the right direction!
Goosen's now putting like me however, poor bloke.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have to disagree with some of the comments-i think this Open is a great test, links are defended by the weather and not by making the course difficult or unplayable link the USGA have done over the years at some US Open venues.
This weekend will be a battle and the players with the biggest heart and fighting qualities will triumph.

Great to see Duval playing well again.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First of all Birdieman, I think that in Scotland the brave Scottish lassies would streak despite the miserable weather.
On a serious note, I wonder if they set the golf course up they way they have in order to stop the top players murdering it. Who wants to see 60 or 61 at the Open?
BTW, I agree with RGS about Duval. Nice to see him playing well again.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately no tv at work today so just a leaderboard and Five Live.
It would appear that some of our (former) colonial cousins have been bitching about the course - it's too hard, it's not fair, i don't like the weather, it's not in California etc.
Five Live asked Jack Nicklaus to comment. He just said 'if they don't like it they shouldn't have come. I've had bad rounds in bad weather, you just get on with it. it's what The Open is all about.'