Tom Murray - You Plonker!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah, which is nonsense, as we discussed before. Not related to this topic though.
Why isn't it nonsense that he's got the correct total but got a couple of individual scores wrong?
Surely, because he's got the right number in the box at the end of the card it should stand...
If the bunker rule is daft then this one must be as well - according to your logic.
To an outsider, both rules currently under discussion look daft but they're in the book.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why isn't it nonsense that he's got the correct total but got a couple of individual scores wrong?
Surely, because he's got the right number in the box at the end of the card it should stand...
If the bunker rule is daft then this one must be as well - according to your logic.
To an outsider, both rules currently under discussion look daft but they're in the book.
Are you actually taking the mick or what?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Putting the wrong scores on the card is a pretty basic error mate. I won't be defending him for this one. If he writes a 3 instead of a 4 then he has gained an advantage on that hole.
To be fair, Not improving your line and lie etc is also a basic rule. I'm not being smart I'm simply asking how you decide where and when your no advantage lifeline would come in to play. This guy gained no advantage but your down in him .. I find it odd that's all.

Wolf

Visit site
Do We have to factor in luck as well now?
Think the point he is making is simply that the fact it added up to correct score is merely coincidence and doesn't change the fact he signed for wrong score on wrong holes.

We all know when marking a card it's not just the final number we are signing we are also signing to say the numbers recorded on each hole are accurately recorded so regardless of final number he signed for wrong scores on those specific holes

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Think the point he is making is simply that the fact it added up to correct score is merely coincidence and doesn't change the fact he signed for wrong score on wrong holes.

We all know when marking a card it's not just the final number we are signing we are also signing to say the numbers recorded on each hole are accurately recorded so regardless of final number he signed for wrong scores on those specific holes
Its irrelevant though as no advantage was gained. That's was the premise of why the other ruling was stupid. Can't have it both ways .

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fair, Not improving your line and lie etc is also a basic rule. I'm not being smart I'm simply asking how you decide where and when your no advantage lifeline would come in to play. This guy gained no advantage but your down in him .. I find it odd that's all.
I feel like you're being thick on purpose, but whatever, it's not like I have anything better to do than to debate this endlessly.

Scenario 1: A player rakes a bunker he walked through because he believes it's the right thing to do to return it to it's original state. Then flights his ball harmlessly over it and onto the green. Gets two shot penalty for improving the lie of a bunker that he was never in and left how he found it.

Scenario 2: A player can't even grasp the basics of writing down what score he got on the hole.

THEY ARE NOT REMOTELY SIMILAR.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah, which is nonsense, as we discussed before. Not related to this topic though.
It’s clearly related because you don’t apply the same logic to two rule breaks when you should - you can’t “pick and choose “ what’s daft or not when it comes to the rules. Black and white irrelevant of gaining an advantage

Wolf

Visit site
Its irrelevant though as no advantage was gained. That's was the premise of why the other ruling was stupid. Can't have it both ways .
It's not irrelevant a wrong score is there in black and white with the opportunity to be corrected before the end of a round l. Factual error with no room for negotiation, the other one was a much more spurious thing that many didn't know the actual ruling on

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But his overall score was correct so how are you differentiating this from the bunker raking thread. Neither player gained an advantage.

at a basic level wrong score on the wrong hole could affect count back if it is was being used (I know it is not in this instance).

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I feel like you're being thick on purpose, but whatever, it's not like I have anything better to do than to debate this endlessly.

Scenario 1: A player rakes a bunker he walked through because he believes it's the right thing to do to return it to it's original state. Then flights his ball harmlessly over it and onto the green. Gets two shot penalty for improving the lie of a bunker that he was never in and left how he found it.

Scenario 2: A player can't even grasp the basics of writing down what score he got on the hole.

THEY ARE NOT REMOTELY SIMILAR.
They 're the same . Neither player gained an advantage. And you're talking like scenario 1 is some little understood obscure rule. It really isn't.

I'm simply pointing out that trying to apply rules on whether an advantage was gained or not is not the easy task you think it is.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They 're the same . Neither player gained an advantage. And you're talking like scenario 1 is some little understood obscure rule. It really isn't.

I'm simply pointing out that trying to apply rules on whether an advantage was gained or not is not the easy task you think it is.
Yes it is.

Yes, it is.

Right, I'm basically done with this, I can't keep saying the same thing anymore different ways. :LOL: