Toe Surgery

gaza

Visit site
I had surgery on my right toe ( Fusion) hallux rigidus on 25th Nov 22. Just wandering if anyone else has had similar and what recovery time to playing golf again was.

Highland Tour

Visit site
I had surgery on my right toe ( Fusion) hallux rigidus on 25th Nov 22. Just wandering if anyone else has had similar and what recovery time to playing golf again was.

Had mine 12 months ago.
8 weeks with rigid shoe on. Then normal shoes after that.
Don't walk too much at first. Any pain speak to surgeon and/or get a podiatry referral.
Do stretching for calves and ankle joints, takes load off that toe joint.
I just returned to golf after many years in July. It was fine. You could probably play after 3 months if all is ok.

gaza

Visit site
Had mine 12 months ago.
8 weeks with rigid shoe on. Then normal shoes after that.
Don't walk too much at first. Any pain speak to surgeon and/or get a podiatry referral.
Do stretching for calves and ankle joints, takes load off that toe joint.
I just returned to golf after many years in July. It was fine. You could probably play after 3 months if all is ok.
Thank you for your reply it has been really helpful to me, always good to share experiences. I did ask the surgeon about Physio/Podiatrist he said that I would not need it. I have been out of the rigid shoe for 2 weeks now, no pain from the site of the surgery but pain across top of foot when walking. I only walk a few hundred yards to the local shops and back. As I had the surgery via BUPA I am going to contact the surgeon for a referral to a Podiatrist. Good to hear that I may be back playing golf end of Feb.

Highland Tour

Visit site
Thank you for your reply it has been really helpful to me, always good to share experiences. I did ask the surgeon about Physio/Podiatrist he said that I would not need it. I have been out of the rigid shoe for 2 weeks now, no pain from the site of the surgery but pain across top of foot when walking. I only walk a few hundred yards to the local shops and back. As I had the surgery via BUPA I am going to contact the surgeon for a referral to a Podiatrist. Good to hear that I may be back playing golf end of Feb.

I had that pain too. Remember your foot has been idle for 2 months in that clog
Take it easy and do the stretching exercises. You may find a stiffer shoe helps.