todays efforts :(

fairmorn308

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well i played in a 36 hole tournament at moray golf club. The old course 1st which is par 71 SSS 73 and i started not bad but finsihed bad. The thing that let me down the most was around the edges of greens and putting mainly. I ended up with a 82 gross net 76. If my chipping and putting was upto scratch i could easily reduce the score by atleast 8.

I was reading a thread last night regarding just go out and play golf and dont try do things that you need to learn after i lesson. Thats was my problem beofre i was trying to take it onto the course.
Today i just played and my irons and woods were ok nothing special tho.

Now I went out with the 2nd round with forgetting my 1st round and i started off well but same again it started to slip due to around the greens but the putting started to improve a wee bit but i have lost all confidence when it comes to putting now.

I ended up with a score of gross 77 net 71 when par is 70 SSS 69

Thats me finished for golf for a few days as am all golfed out and am due back offshore on wednesday so when i return going to spend time on the range instead of course to try improve what i was taught in my lesson the other day. going to spend more time on putting green and see how i go or i will end up getting a putting lesson.