TM Tour response balls

MikeF86

Visit site
Anyone use these & can give some feedback? Used them on the practice green yesterday after a range session and loved them in terms of making the putts very very easy to align and also seeing the ball roll end over end. Not sure how the line the big centre line would look when stood over the ball on the fairway or on a tee etc. Any thoughts from those who have used them?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Good ball
I have a problem with all balls with big alignment aids like these and Callaway's Triple-Track....fine when you're on thentee or on the green but a PITA when you're in the rough and the line points 45° the wrong way...
Also...the green can mask the ball in deeper rough making it a bit trickier to find.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is that the one with the green strike round?

If so I did try one, it was OK, but I prefer to just draw a line on the ball myself

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used them all last year. Good ball for me, couldn't fault them, particularly as they're priced a bit lower than the top premium balls. Good distance, enough spin but not too much. I would have carried on using them, but have had my head turned by AVX for this season.

Regarding the thick stripe - they do make them with or without that, it's not compulsory. 😄 I used the ones without.
https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/TaylorMade-Tour-Response-Golf-Balls-White.html#SID=8567

sjw

Visit site
They've brought out some new colourways recently and I think the blue and pink one looks absolutely superb! Real 90s feel

MikeF86

Visit site
Appreciate the feedback. I guess proof is in the pudding so to speak. Best have a knockabout with one and see how it sits. @Imurg has hit on my biggest concern with the line pointing in all sorts of angles etc.

@Orikoru i'd seen the no lined version but was specifically talking about the lined ones, i just failed to mention this part!!

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Great ball. Enough spin with wedges to hold firm greens. Feels towards the softer side off the putter. As others have said the alignment is not great on the fairway but can make them harder to spot in the rough so I got the all white version.

Can’t really fault the all white version and they’re great value.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Good ball
I have a problem with all balls with big alignment aids like these and Callaway's Triple-Track....fine when you're on thentee or on the green but a PITA when you're in the rough and the line points 45° the wrong way...
Also...the green can mask the ball in deeper rough making it a bit trickier to find.

Available in quite a few different colours now, which might help fix the visibility problem in the rough.

Attachments

• 28D50832-B948-4724-87DD-E091DB272694.jpeg
    28D50832-B948-4724-87DD-E091DB272694.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 6
D

Deleted member 1147

I used the plain white ones all last season. I liked them.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried one of the ones with the big stripe once - Yuk. Fine for when you are on a green or doing lift, clean and place so you can orient the correct way but very distracting for normal shots.

The ball itself is very good (not quite to my own requirements).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I pulled one out of my bag, it was one that had been found and I used it as a provisional. Absolutely love them. Feel lovely off the driver and irons, work well for my short game and feel really good off the putter face. I never realised it was the same ball as the one with the green middle. Ave given dozens of them away 😖 especially when I had a look for balls with my ultra violet torch