Titliest 910 Hybrid.

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Struggle with this club, fine off the tee but off the floor, yes I can hit it but only one shape and that is low and with run. I have the 910 5 wood with 19 deg on it which I have great confidence in off the floor or fairway, put the same swing on my hybrid and get completely different results. I have even altered the loft from 21 to 22 deg. (mainly due to hitting it only a few yards behind my 5 wood albeit like I say low) but in the hope of getting a higher flight to no avail. It has got to the point I am now considering the Adams Hybrids as a replacement, anyone using any of these at the moment?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Struggle with this club, fine off the tee but off the floor, yes I can hit it but only one shape and that is low and with run. I have the 910 5 wood with 19 deg on it which I have great confidence in off the floor or fairway, put the same swing on my hybrid and get completely different results.
This could be your problem right here, it's a hybrid not a fairway wood, treat it like an iron not a wood. Ball a bit further toward the middle, hit down on the ball.
Heard this advice offered, by people more knowledgeable than myself, to a lot of people that struggle with hybrids, has helped For some. Hope it helps you.

Cheers
Stu

Hunka Turf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive got an Adams super idea and two Adams driving irons (thanks to GM!)

They're great clubs but I don't think your issue is the club. Maybe your shaft is too stiff. Or maybe you could try hitting down on it more.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Struggle with this club, fine off the tee but off the floor, yes I can hit it but only one shape and that is low and with run. I have the 910 5 wood with 19 deg on it which I have great confidence in off the floor or fairway, put the same swing on my hybrid and get completely different results. I have even altered the loft from 21 to 22 deg. (mainly due to hitting it only a few yards behind my 5 wood albeit like I say low) but in the hope of getting a higher flight to no avail. It has got to the point I am now considering the Adams Hybrids as a replacement, anyone using any of these at the moment?

I have a 910H and Fairways. The hybrid is ridiculously easy to hit IMHO, easier than the Fairways. You know you're supposed to hit a hybrid more like an iron don't you?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
its your swing not the club, the 19* 910h I have is almost like cheating its that much easier to hit than an iron.

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I highly doubt its the club so changing won't help. As others have said, putting the ball too far towards your left heel with a hybrid leads to semi-topped shots as you tend to hit the ball too far on the upswing leading to a low trajectory.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a 910H.

My views on hybrids aside, it's an excellent club.

I use mine mainly off the tee and find it gives a good solid flight that plugs the distance gap to my 4 wood nicely.

On the odd occasion I've used it off the deck I've had very few issues. The only ones that have really caused me any issues are swing related.

The only time I'll take this club out if my bag is when it breaks or is deemed unconforming.

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably is me i'm aware of that, but there comes a time in my opinion that a change will help. We have all had a particular hole on our course which we always make a pigs ear of, it can be the same with clubs, sometimes it just gets between the ears. The reason I have a hybrid 3 Iron is I find it easier to hit different variety of shots with than a conventional 3 iron, I'm fine with my 4 iron but that seems to be my personal iron limit . I do prefer Irons to hybrids, but with my last hybrid 3 I could hit shots I couldn't with a conventional iron i.e a high fade or a low drawer but after twelve months with this hybrid it just doesn't seem to be happening, as I say my old Cleveland hybrid 3 was one of my favourite clubs in the bag....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got 2 of them, 21 & 24. I find them very easy to hit, but contrary to others that have posted I swing as if it was a fairway wood.

Have you tried moving the loft the other way?
I tried increasing the loft and hit it worse because (I think) increasing the loft increases the lie angle and makes the club sit closed to my eye.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably is me i'm aware of that, but there comes a time in my opinion that a change will help. We have all had a particular hole on our course which we always make a pigs ear of, it can be the same with clubs, sometimes it just gets between the ears. The reason I have a hybrid 3 Iron is I find it easier to hit different variety of shots with than a conventional 3 iron, I'm fine with my 4 iron but that seems to be my personal iron limit . I do prefer Irons to hybrids, but with my last hybrid 3 I could hit shots I couldn't with a conventional iron i.e a high fade or a low drawer but after twelve months with this hybrid it just doesn't seem to be happening, as I say my old Cleveland hybrid 3 was one of my favourite clubs in the bag....
Strangely this is really similar for me, I had the cleveland halo 3i after renting one in the states and was wowed. I had a couple of replacements and the last being a 910. I off loaded it after 4 months, thought it was just not for me. I eventually got the adams super s, definitely better for my game, just watch the shaft though.

beau d.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Strangely this is really similar for me, I had the cleveland halo 3i after renting one in the states and was wowed. I had a couple of replacements and the last being a 910. I off loaded it after 4 months, thought it was just not for me. I eventually got the adams super s, definitely better for my game, just watch the shaft though.

Strange my last hybrid was the halo also, great club.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange my last hybrid was the halo also, great club.

Seemed to be a great club, somewhere along the line I lost myself and my swing, and this club and my irons were replaced in my fruitless search. Change is not always the best thing.

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Iv'e got the 19deg and it is destined for ebay. Used it most of last season.
Find it a tad inconsistent and unforgiving for my liking. Its a nice club, looks great at address and looks cool in the bag.
But you need a very good and repeatable swing to get the most out of it.
Its the off centre hits that punish you> Too many green misses for me.

By comparison, i just bought a G25 17deg and its far easier to hit than the 910H 19deg

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Iv'e got the 19deg and it is destined for ebay. Used it most of last season.
Find it a tad inconsistent and unforgiving for my liking. Its a nice club, looks great at address and looks cool in the bag.
But you need a very good and repeatable swing to get the most out of it.
Its the off centre hits that punish you> Too many green misses for me.

By comparison, i just bought a G25 17deg and its far easier to hit than the 910H 19deg

that's surprising off your h/cap, what shaft was in it? I also have the 19* and it like cheating its that easy to hit, must admit I dont use it more than once or twice a round though.

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
that's surprising off your h/cap, what shaft was in it? I also have the 19* and it like cheating its that easy to hit, must admit I dont use it more than once or twice a round though.

Stiff shaft in mine. I'm borderline stiff/regular so can get away with both.
I have both the 910 D2 and D3 in stiff shaft, but tend to use regular for my irons.
Love my 910 driver:thup:

Don't get me wrong the 910H is a great club, but i'm not hitting as many greens as i am with the G25. I think its because it has a smaller sweet spot.

We have a few long par4's so it does gets used a fair bit.