Titliest 718 TMB #3 iron, #2hybrid or 5 wood?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Anyone tried the #3 iron? I've got a #2 hybrid, which is decent off the tee 90% of the time and ok 50% of the time off the fairway. The #4 hybrid is pretty decent from where ever. Ideally, I'm looking for something that has the length of the #2 hybrid but is better off the fairway.

The 5 wood might be the default choice but I'm not sure I want the higher launch. The #2 hybrid sort of works but it needs a good fairway lie.

Really considering the Titliest 718TMB #3 iron.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 2 iron on order mate. Easy hit, good flight, handy off tee or deck. Would think the 3 be similar. The new titleist hybrids fly miles. I have a 19deg in order as I want to interchange them as I need, distance wise the end up similar but flight with hybrid is high, iron is lower.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just got the Srixon zu65 3 and 4. Gone for a stiff graphite shaft in both and they are head and shoulders above my tmb 716 3i and 4i. They feel better and are miles easier to hit. Give them a try too.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've just got the Srixon zu65 3 and 4. Gone for a stiff graphite shaft in both and they are head and shoulders above my tmb 716 3i and 4i. They feel better and are miles easier to hit. Give them a try too.

i was just about to post the exact same thing. i was set to buy the tmb driving iron and ended up with the srixon zu65. a million times better and more forgiving.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Son also has Srixon ZU65 2 iron with an extra stiff X100 steel shaft in - beats his previous hybrid hands down off tee and ground. He loves it as easy to hit, straight, long etc.

He tried TM and Titleist (not 718) but beat them both hands down.

Real go to club if he wants the ball in play around 240 yds up there - most used driving club in the bag now on shorter courses (6500 and under).

Carries 3 wood and driver above it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Borrowed a demo Titliest #3 iron TMB, fitted with a Project X 6.0 shaft today. Couldn't miss a fairway with it, and even managed some good contact out of semi rough. Launched higher than expected, and was travelling a good distance, e.g. it went as far into a stiff breeze as my 4 iron does on a still day.

The feel was a little different, almost as though there wasn't a ball there.

Ordered...