Titleist TS2 Driver

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went to at Titleist fitting day yesterday, juts out of curiosity really, not looking for a driver as i'm more than happy with my M2.

spent a good hour and half messing around with things and in the end came up with a TS2 8.5 turned down to 7.5, with a 50 Gram Kura Kage stiff shaft. big drop in my club head speed in the last two years, was only managing 95 and was over 100 last time i went on trackman.

My m2 carries about 225/230 last time i went on TM and have been hitting it well of the tee recently.

but this combination was getting it well over 230 and a few were 240 felt really nice of the face and that was with range rocks at fairways,never had a Titleist driver, never really been a fan of there clubs, but this has got me tempted.... £450 is a bit steep though.

surprised with the low loft decision too, was expecting to be suggested higher loft than my 9.5 M2

Any one else got one and what do they think of it were there any gains on your prev driver.

User20204

Visit site
I have one, same shaft at 10.5 in the c2 setting, which is 9.75, with a 2 gram heavier weight. I guess its all about delivery and long gone are the days when lower loft meant longer distance.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lots of the previous models about cheap as chips! Have a play and see how different they are!

never really liked the look of their drivers TBH, didn't like the way it sat behind the ball. this looks quite nice behind the ball.

all i can remember about the numbers apart from swing speed was the spin rate was right down and the ball speed way up on my drivers, launch was better as well.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Numbers favoured the TS woods for me against my current 917 Driver and 3 wood however the difference was negligible on solidly struck shots..

I do think the TS offers slightly more forgiveness and has less distance drop off on off centre strikes and I do believe the head has an extra couple of yards in it on pure shots.

The biggest difference I saw however was in the shaft offerings for me.

The T1100 Project x White Shaft just suits me better than the fujikura speeder, it was here the biggest difference was noticed.

The improvement in numbers / dispersion was so negligible between the TS and my 917 however that I can't justify the associated costs especially with the money i'd lose on my good as new 917 Driver and 3 wood.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Numbers favoured the TS woods for me against my current 917 Driver and 3 wood however the difference was negligible on solidly struck shots..

I do think the TS offers slightly more forgiveness and has less distance drop off on off centre strikes and I do believe the head has an extra couple of yards in it on pure shots.

The biggest difference I saw however was in the shaft offerings for me.

The T1100 Project x White Shaft just suits me better than the fujikura speeder, it was here the biggest difference was noticed.

The improvement in numbers / dispersion was so negligible between the TS and my 917 however that I can't justify the associated costs especially with the money i'd lose on my good as new 917 Driver and 3 wood.

the ball did seem to move less through the air, was trying to hit a big cut, which i was doing with my driver, but the Tity was a gentle fade, might have been the lowers spin. it felt really good off the face to, i find my driver a little dead sometimes.

just don't fancy forking out £450 though:(

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have one on eBay at the moment TS2 11.5 project X 6.0 Hazurds smoke shaft.
Like new. Hit 20 balls on the range.
I prefer my ping.
I just can’t get pics on the forum or would post here.
Anyone wants a look I can email some pics.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I have one on eBay at the moment TS2 11.5 project X 6.0 Hazurds smoke shaft.
Like new. Hit 20 balls on the range.
I prefer my ping.
I just can’t get pics on the forum or would post here.
Anyone wants a look I can email some pics.

Stop it!

Lalalalalala.... not listening.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
the ball did seem to move less through the air, was trying to hit a big cut, which i was doing with my driver, but the Tity was a gentle fade, might have been the lowers spin. it felt really good off the face to, i find my driver a little dead sometimes.

just don't fancy forking out £450 though:(

You started out saying more than happy with the M2. A couple of hours later it's a little dead.... I recognise this pattern in myself, may as well just buy it, you'll end up there eventually! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You started out saying more than happy with the M2. A couple of hours later it's a little dead.... I recognise this pattern in myself, may as well just buy it, you'll end up there eventually! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I'm going to borrow one and have a hit on the course and see it it performs in real life;)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing fit me better during my fit sessions than the TS2. The ball speeds beat everything out there.
The off centre strikes are what have amazed me on course. Been toe striking the driver round after round atm, but still seeing drives out there

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You could probably get the same performance out the m2 with a different loft/shaft combo. I've an M3 and I can't find anything from the new batch of drivers that will outperform it. Had it on gc2 in a session with other heads etc, driver faces have been maxed out for years. The only increase in distance youl get is from better launch and lower spin

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Drop in speed = old age Paddy old boy, join the club. I managed to get two out at 102 but I was mainly between the 95-99 mph speed.
Borrowed a 9.5 with the same shaft turned down to 8.5 as he did.t have the 8.5 head in his fitting kit.

just be just that ,old age😕, the bright side is seniors a step closer😬

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
well.... borrowed a TS2 with the same shaft for a game today, he didn't have a 8.5 head in his fitting kit so had to have a 9,5 turned down to 8.5.

hit the ball well, but the driver did not back up any of the gains from the demo model in fact i would say it was shorter than my own driver. strike felt completely different, no where near the same feedback on strike as the fitting club. admitted it was 1 deg weaker than they suggested, but that would not account for the difference i don't think.

it was almost like the head on the fitting kit was a completely different club, if anything the ball should have been going further as it was 18deg here today where as Tuesday was below 10 and i was using a softer ball.

given this evidence i will not be splashing out £450

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well.... borrowed a TS2 with the same shaft for a game today, he didn't have a 8.5 head in his fitting kit so had to have a 9,5 turned down to 8.5.

hit the ball well, but the driver did not back up any of the gains from the demo model in fact i would say it was shorter than my own driver. strike felt completely different, no where near the same feedback on strike as the fitting club. admitted it was 1 deg weaker than they suggested, but that would not account for the difference i don't think.

it was almost like the head on the fitting kit was a completely different club, if anything the ball should have been going further as it was 18deg here today where as Tuesday was below 10 and i was using a softer ball.

given this evidence i will not be splashing out £450

You’d be surprised. Changing the loft can change strike characteristics and location.

Don’t give up on it. Find the 8.5* head and give it a hit

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You’d be surprised. Changing the loft can change strike characteristics and location.

Don’t give up on it. Find the 8.5* head and give it a hit
Where was the sure fit cg in both clubs ? It dramatically changes feel of a club and also ball speed depending on your strike location. Also was the shaft the same weight (many shafts have the same flex but differ in weight) and were both stock shafts from titleist or was one an aftermarket version.