Titleist Tour Soft

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Just felt to "springy" for me in the conditions I was playing in. Maybe once the ground is much softer they may feel better but much like in the lake balls topic, if it's in your head...very similar to the supersoft Callaway ball.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just felt to "springy" for me in the conditions I was playing in. Maybe once the ground is much softer they may feel better but much like in the lake balls topic, if it's in your head...very similar to the supersoft Callaway ball.

might be worth a try then, i quite like that soft feel.

any stop on them?

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
They'll sneak on around the greens which was where I didn't like them, from the tee and fairway they are fine, will probably use again but wait on things getting a bit heavier yet.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Think of as the son of the NXT Tour and the NXT Tour S but bias towards the S and you'll not be far off.
I was using one the other day and stopping 6 iron shots on the button.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been playing these for about a year now and think they're really good for a mid handicapper. I always played ProV 1 as I could get them for £25 a dozen,, but that source dried up. Last winter I tried the yellow Tour Soft as I prefer a coloured ball against the frost and have played it ever since. As I suffer from poor eyesight I also find it easier for me to see both on and off the fairway. (Ideal for parkland courses)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would suggest the Project (s). Very soft ball. I didn't want to like these when I tried them but did https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/gear/gear-news/149928-149928

I would strongly suggest Patrick looks to the (a) not the (s).

Chalk and cheese.

Obviously any player should make their own assessment, preferably using good launch monitor data rather than purely 'oooh this feels nice....' but against the parameters he has previously laid down it would be a no brainer.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I would strongly suggest Patrick looks to the (a) not the (s).

Chalk and cheese.

Obviously any player should make their own assessment, preferably using good launch monitor data rather than purely 'oooh this feels nice....' but against the parameters he has previously laid down it would be a no brainer.

The (S) is a brick compared to the (a).

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The (S) is a brick compared to the (a).
Such subjective assessments will be very much a function of your club head speeds.

However, the cover and dimple pattern differences make a huge difference to both trajectory and control capabilities from each ball.

Nothing wrong with the (s), it's a very similar ball to many that have been discussed in the soft ball discussions recently. Some will no doubt prefer it's nuances in that sector to others, and vice versa.

The (a) is a different ball (as you obviously realise 😎)