Titleist Scotty Cameron fitting

robin

Club Champion
Visit site
I am interested in discovering the value and experience of others who may have undertaken the putter fitting at St Ives? Thank you in anticipation of your responses.

popeye

Hacker
Visit site
If its like the Odyssey fitting then it'll be detailed and use the SAM putting system to get details about your stroke to work out the best style of putter for your stroke
I've had a Scotty c fitting and I was surprised how basic it was- no SAM or technology of any sort. Just two guys making decisions based on what they see with their eyes and asking questions

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They don’t do putter fitting at St Ives, they call it something else like putter “education”.

They just provide an opportunity to try the widest range of SC putters in one place.

I’d recommend doing a SAM fitting somewhere to understand your numbers and which type of putter should suit. Then going to St Ives to choose the one that feels best for you.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They don’t do putter fitting at St Ives, they call it something else like putter “education”.

They just provide an opportunity to try the widest range of SC putters in one place.

I’d recommend doing a SAM fitting somewhere to understand your numbers and which type of putter should suit. Then going to St Ives to choose the one that feels best for you.
DO they charge for this "education" or is it just a tag to get people in to try as many SC putters as possible. I'd definitely want to know my numbers and get the best model for the way I putt.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
When I first read the post I assumed you meant St Ives in Cornwall .

I went to Core Golf in Thame, Oxfordshire,
Fish went there recently too, cannot recommend them enough.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Some people like to have every number and stat available to them, others go with what feels right. I'm in the latter camp. If I was looking for a new putter I would just try as many different styles and brands as possible on the practice green until I found the one that worked best for me.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a scotty fastback and love it !

does not really help the original posters question but I just like telling anyone who listens ??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We had them come to the club last year and were doing "fittings" on the practice putting green. they were not really using any Tech, just had a load of putters..

there were very busy, well they were once everyone found out you got a sleeve of Prv1's if you went and had a go:LOL:

Last edited:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a SAM lab fitting with my bettinardi and it was a really good experience it's just like GC QUAD for putters.