Titleist club fit.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not wanting to kick start the 'custom fit' argument again, but I don't give a monkeys what loft and lie someone elses clubs have. If you have them fitted, fine, if you don't, fine. Why tell me what lie angle you have? I don't care. It is dull. Have I told you what lift I have on my camshafts? No. That's dull too.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you dont care about my club fit why should you care about what driver somenone wants or where you played gofl today???I posted a topic about my personal golfing experience if you dont like it dont read it

T

thecraw

MVP,

without wanting to drag this on any further as I kind of feal responsible for the way this thread has gone. Length from wrist to floor is a factor in the costom fit.

I have had two sets of custom fit one from Ping and one from Mizuno in Cumbernauld.

What do you think was Mizuno's first static measurement???

Go on take a guess?

CORRECT! LENGTH FROM WRIST TO FLOOR!!!!

Ever wondered why? Its because it gives them an indication as to length of shaft and from there they can adapt, +/- an inch or two etc etc.

The tape on the sole of the club is then used to add or subtract the bounce angle of the clubs to fit.

At Mizuno I was 3 degrees upright for my irons and with Ping I was 2 degrees upright, both very good experiences and interesting days.

I would suggest that if you are now a staggering 5 degrees of a difference then you were at fauly for your Ping irons not Ping. A degree or two possibly yes. Not five mate. Also why did you just do it online and not go to a pro or fitting centre to get things done properly, ie the hitting off of the strike board and getting the results annalyzed?

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also why did you just do it online and not go to a pro or fitting centre to get things done properly, ie the hitting off of the strike board and getting the results annalyzed?

Because i was new to golf at the time and didnt know about the lie board stuff. i just presumed there online chart was trust worthy seen as Ping are a big brand.