Titleist 905R

backspin

Hacker
Visit site
Has anyone got this club ? or have you tried it out? I am thinking of getting this driver in 10.5 with the YS6 shaft in stiff as it conforms to the new regs for 2008.The reviews look good but i need somewhere to try it out with the differant shaft options.Anyone know anywhere in north Kent or Se London (not nets).

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi backspin

I have got the 905R with that the YS6 shaft in it (also a 905T with the same shaft in), love them both and switch between the two frequently as the T has 10.5 loft and the R 11.5.

The only thing I'd say from a personal point of view about the R is that I found the YS6 shaft a touch too light for the 460 head. IMHO its spot on for the smaller headed T so you may want to try a heavier shaft option but I guess its whatever suits your game and swing.

On a related note I'm off today with GM equipment writer Paul O'Hagan to get fitted for the new 907 model so will report back later on how that performs

MikeH
(editor)

B

birdieman

Hi I got a 905r recently with a UST V2 proforce in 76g. Really like it, some people will knock the 76g shaft as being heavy but I find it gives more control as the weight slows me fractionally and it's stiffer in the tip for a lower launch. I used to hit a high hook too much as other so called stiff flex shafts were too whippy. I traded in a Cally FT3 tour which had a 65g Aldila NVS in stiff flex, but everything was going left and high. I swing in the 108mph range. I would gladly give up 10 yards to be in the fairway more frequently. Titleist head is nice to look at too. Try all the options out, the 905R has a choice of 4 shafts as standard I think.

backspin

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Mike i look forward to your report on the 907.I have a swing speed of 118 and play off 4.6.At the moment i have a Graphalloy 3.5 stiff with a 860 Burner head.I dont what to change my driver but it is nonconforming for 2008.Your reviews for the 905 are interesting you state the 905s is the low handicapper club.I would prefere the smaller head.I need to find somewhere i can try out all the different specs but i dont want to use nets.