Tips on playing in wet weather/rain

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope, but I can predict the outcome. You will have to walk a long way to go get the club.

I did think that but as I was told by a couple of low handicappers there may be some truth in it.

They may be just waiting for the rain to come and follow me for a proper laugh :eek: :eek:??????

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've started not bothering with an umbrella in the rain as I'm finding a chore to dry my hands and grips with the towel inside. I find that a couple of wet weather gloves do the trick and I just stick a cap on and my waterproofs.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also like to keep a smaller towel hung off my trouser waistband but inside my waterproof leggings , great for that last little dry off in a warm place :p

Yeh yeh,...... we know it's for catching those little unwanted 'Ping' dribbles.

It's fair to say I have the same Ping club as you so you may want to take this little tip seriously. It could save some future embarrassment :eek:

Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Here's what I've got, to beat the rain.

Clicgear trolley. This trolley and brolly holder is the best. With my 68" brolly up, it's like standing under a gazebo.

Top make waterproof suit and waterproof boots/shoes.

Waterproof hat and gloves.

Izzo transported bag with complete integrated rain cover.

I hardly get wet and never get soaked.

I simply step out from under my 'gazebo' and take my shot. Total time out in the rain, per shot, 20 secs.

When putting, I take brolley with me and the bags rain cover looks after my kit.

I'd rather play in the pissing down rain rather than the wind. I hate the wind.

If there was something that could protect me from the wind like I am from the rain, I'd buy it!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I heard a good tip recently. A guy was talking about playing in the rain and said "get a good set of waterproofs and a waterproof hat, a good hood for your bag and leave the brolley at home because like it or not you are going to get wet and a brolley is just another faf about on the course, up and down, no where to put it or leave it whilst playing". I took him up on it and it works. Leaving the brolley in the locker made the round a bit more enjoyable and I was no more wet than if I had faffed about with it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I heard a good tip recently. A guy was talking about playing in the rain and said "get a good set of waterproofs and a waterproof hat, a good hood for your bag and leave the brolley at home because like it or not you are going to get wet and a brolley is just another faf about on the course, up and down, no where to put it or leave it whilst playing". I took him up on it and it works. Leaving the brolley in the locker made the round a bit more enjoyable and I was no more wet than if I had faffed about with it.

Totally agree. I was spending so much time drying the grips, then putting the brolly down trying to make sure the towel didn't drag on the ground or fall out. The dry grip was now wet as were my hands and I never felt focussed over a shot. Decent waterproofs, wet weather gloves (x3) and get on with it.

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have had Macwets for a few months and not had a chance to use them. Im hoping that I don't get a chance at Cooden this Friday :D