Tips for winter golf.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
we have to suffer truly awful winter tees on all but two, maybe three holes this year. they have narrow concrete bases that have been set down some time in the past and never levelled. the result is almost all are cracked and uneven. the mats that go on them are left out all year, are dried out, cracked and covered in grit, and the tees won't fit in the slots. one more reason to move on

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
SealSkinz waterproof socks.

Doesn't matter if you stand in a puddle upto your ankles, and the water leaks in around the collar or tongue of the shoe. Feet stay dry.

Oh. They're breathable as well, so your feet don't get sweaty.

Cheaper than a new pair of shoes for the winter as well.

I'll also add their beanie hat to the list. Unlike nearly all beanie hats. This ones windproof, waterproof and breathable, but looks like any other beanie.

ianshearin

Club Champion
Visit site
This is only my first Winter season golfing but I have observed the following things I have to do.

# Warm up and stretch a little more than usual
# Put my hand in my pocket and invest in decent hiking socks and golf boots.
# Resign myself to the fact I will improve little over the winter and so concentrate on a specific aspect of my game.
# Browse magazine adverts for golf trips next year and convince myself it will be worth it
# Nurture relationships with old friends who can be cajoled into some away days next Year.