time for a change?

putternutter

Visit site
i recently took up golf(2months)and as a start bought a cheap set of dunlop clubs just to see how i got on,and obviously like most am totally hooked!i think i have improved slightly and one of my playing partners suggested maybe its time to invest in some custom made clubs i would just like to know is it worth the time an money i.e will it improve my game? :D

Losttheplot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I think the custom fit method is a great way to eliminate flaws in your swing. It minimises errors and allows you the greatest possible chance to strike the ball properly by having the correct shaft, shaft length, type of club, club loft etc etc

The problem you will have is that because you have only just started playing, your swing will not be a finished article (no ones swing ever is but you need all the basics right and get close to it). Once you get all the basics right and you can repeat your swing consistently and your not going to implement any swing changes then that's the time for a custom fit.

While your a 28 handicapper just starting out in the game the custom fit is not going to be productive just yet.

Good luck :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
i recently took up golf(2months)and as a start bought a cheap set of dunlop clubs just to see how i got on,and obviously like most am totally hooked!i think i have improved slightly and one of my playing partners suggested maybe its time to invest in some custom made clubs i would just like to know is it worth the time an money

Mate of mine plays with a cheap set of Slazenger irons, which on a scale of cheapness aren't that far removed from your Dunlops. He plays off 11, and is one of the best iron players I know.
Stick with what you've got for now unless you've got more money than sense

;) ;) ;)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im totally behind lost the plots reply. you have no ingrained swing or natural reliable swing or swing faults so how could you buy custom fitted clubs.